Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Okay, after blowing out my knee this weekend and finally getting some rest yesterday I'm on meds and back under my truck.

This is NOT GOOD!

I'm going to have to fall back and regroup. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Chunks of spiders caught up tight in the ring gear and a 1" pin from the carrier snapped clean in half.

Thanks to the Oxy I haven't completely blown my top, but this needs to be addressed right now.

Paul Campbell, the guy who set it up 16? odd years ago is gone and I don't know anyone I trust to do it right.

I guess my next move is to call Rockland Gear for parts, because Excelsior Machine Works is out of business.

So I can't ask them for a name and number.

You do good work Jim, I don't think I have ever seen any rear end that FUBARed! As far as setting one up, I know one, but he's not in SE Connecticut nor willing to travel there. He's also getting ready to have back surgery.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You do good work Jim, I don't think I have ever seen any rear end that FUBARed! As far as setting one up, I know one, but he's not in SE Connecticut nor willing to travel there. He's also getting ready to have back surgery.

No one ever accused me of doing anything half-assed 🤣

Like I said Paul Campbell (the Jehovah's witness drag racer) I used to trust is long gone.

He closed shop due to chronic debilitation from the job.

No one ever accused me of doing anything half-assed 🤣

Like I said Paul Campbell (the Jehovah's witness drag racer) I used to trust is long gone.

He closed shop due to chronic debilitation from the job.

Bill's telling you something, Jim. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I don't know if he's told many, but...

Uh, "If that's a compliment, I thank you!"

😉 😆

SW CT BTW....

i gotta know. what did you put back?

I put the trashed yoke back on to hold the pinion in place, and I glued the cover back on so I could put lube in.

What's the worst that could happen? 🤷‍♂️

The carrier, pinion, ring, spiders and pin are already trashed.

No crunchy noises.

This rear end is tough.🐂

I put the trashed yoke back on to hold the pinion in place, and I glued the cover back on so I could put lube in.

What's the worst that could happen? 🤷‍♂️

The carrier, pinion, ring, spiders and pin are already trashed.

No crunchy noises.

This rear end is tough.🐂

not to be a smart aholic but it aint lookin too tough right now. so, you are going fwd for a bit? well sometimes you just got to keep going. my brother tells this story of showing off after work in his mud bogger bronco and grenadeing the rear axle . dropped the shaft and locked the hubs and drove home. git r done we say.

not to be a smart aholic but it aint lookin too tough right now. so, you are going fwd for a bit? well sometimes you just got to keep going. my brother tells this story of showing off after work in his mud bogger bronco and grenadeing the rear axle . dropped the shaft and locked the hubs and drove home. git r done we say.

38 years of untold abuse.

It didn't even throw a chunk through the tin cover.

I'm sticking with my story.