Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Okay, after blowing out my knee this weekend and finally getting some rest yesterday I'm on meds and back under my truck.

This is NOT GOOD!

I'm going to have to fall back and regroup. :nabble_smiley_hurt:

Chunks of spiders caught up tight in the ring gear and a 1" pin from the carrier snapped clean in half.

Thanks to the Oxy I haven't completely blown my top, but this needs to be addressed right now.

Paul Campbell, the guy who set it up 16? odd years ago is gone and I don't know anyone I trust to do it right.

I guess my next move is to call Rockland Gear for parts, because Excelsior Machine Works is out of business.

So I can't ask them for a name and number.

Bummer! All the way around! The knee and the diff. :nabble_smiley_cry:

So sorry, Jim. Here's hoping you get well and the diff sorted, quickly! :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

I know where to get parts but I don't know anyone to do the work. :nabble_anim_confused:

how on earth did this happen. I've done it but that was drag racing a generation ago. I'm guessing the pin slipped out due to a missing securing bolt and that is why its broken but bad is bad. i hope you get it back going soon enough.

how on earth did this happen. I've done it but that was drag racing a generation ago. I'm guessing the pin slipped out due to a missing securing bolt and that is why its broken but bad is bad. i hope you get it back going soon enough.

I think the lock bolt is still in the carrier.

I can't turn it with the gears jammed up in the crown like that.

It's definitely not amongst the chunks in the bottom of the diff.

I had fair warning.

I didn't ever have time or place to drop the spare and peel the cover off, although I heard it coming.

I work all night. Daylight is precious little.

It's been raining/sleeting EVERY day off for six weeks.

So, I just keep driving with my fingers crossed.

I'm not one who's oblivious. And, I'm not one to neglect maintenance.

I just haven't had the time, money, energy to deal with it and it finally bit me,

Like I said, I didn't even need a tow! 😂🤣😆😂🤪🤣

Because I'm resourceful and at this point in my life I really don't (edited because "think of the children!")

I think the lock bolt is still in the carrier.

I can't turn it with the gears jammed up in the crown like that.

It's definitely not amongst the chunks in the bottom of the diff.

I had fair warning.

I didn't ever have time or place to drop the spare and peel the cover off, although I heard it coming.

I work all night. Daylight is precious little.

It's been raining/sleeting EVERY day off for six weeks.

So, I just keep driving with my fingers crossed.

I'm not one who's oblivious. And, I'm not one to neglect maintenance.

I just haven't had the time, money, energy to deal with it and it finally bit me,

Like I said, I didn't even need a tow! 😂🤣😆😂🤪🤣

Because I'm resourceful and at this point in my life I really don't (edited because "think of the children!")

I have often said "there is no good time for a breakdown" and winter makes that point very well. I did not leave new England winters on my own the first time. but I definitely did the second. and the hands don't like the cold. I still go annually and in a couple months. but I'm waiting out mud season in Maine. dad says many roads and bridges were damaged in the fall flooding so I expect I will be finding spring Contruction also.

I have often said "there is no good time for a breakdown" and winter makes that point very well. I did not leave new England winters on my own the first time. but I definitely did the second. and the hands don't like the cold. I still go annually and in a couple months. but I'm waiting out mud season in Maine. dad says many roads and bridges were damaged in the fall flooding so I expect I will be finding spring Contruction also.

So, you visit just in time for black fly season! 🤣

it seems

I apologize for my *deleted* reply. :nabble_smiley_blush:

In my mind, I was back at my "seem to... " comment in your starter problem thread.

"You seem to have made a sweet little life for yourself there Mat."

This was the only comment on the page, and what was supposed to be a light-hearted retort came off as snarky and non-sequitur

I'm glad you still enjoy coming up here.

The comment about cold hands that don't work is all too relatable. :nabble_smiley_sad:

I apologize for my *deleted* reply. :nabble_smiley_blush:

In my mind, I was back at my "seem to... " comment in your starter problem thread.

"You seem to have made a sweet little life for yourself there Mat."

This was the only comment on the page, and what was supposed to be a light-hearted retort came off as snarky and non-sequitur

I'm glad you still enjoy coming up here.

The comment about cold hands that don't work is all too relatable. :nabble_smiley_sad:

all good. I consider myself blessed. I closed my business few years back and just work on these bullnose trucks and similar. I mentor/volunteer at my nephew's repair shop and that was a big pull to get me to move from Nashville. I try to live very simply but still seem to have collected too many projects. When one of my "style" comes to the shop I take the lead and this cougar is one of those.

all good. I consider myself blessed. I closed my business few years back and just work on these bullnose trucks and similar. I mentor/volunteer at my nephew's repair shop and that was a big pull to get me to move from Nashville. I try to live very simply but still seem to have collected too many projects. When one of my "style" comes to the shop I take the lead and this cougar is one of those.

Love to see some pics if you're willing to share.