Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

With a 3' wrench I don't need a cheater to have it hit the frame. 🙄

Jim, I did a 10.25" dually rear for my best friend, big pipe wrench, 5' length of exhaust pipe, long 1/2" breaker bar. If you slide the axles out of the differential you can get a pretty good feel on the drag.

IMG_2251.thumb.jpg.b34fb04466fc9d34ae920e4afc488da3.jpg

When I was undoing the nut, I inverted the pipe wrench and used a C-clamp to keep it in place.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim, I did a 10.25" dually rear for my best friend, big pipe wrench, 5' length of exhaust pipe, long 1/2" breaker bar. If you slide the axles out of the differential you can get a pretty good feel on the drag.

When I was undoing the nut, I inverted the pipe wrench and used a C-clamp to keep it in place.

It's another cold rain today, so I'm saying "screw it, not for me today!"

But the $29.95, 3' pipe wrench IS in stock at my local Horrid Fate.

I know where I'm headed now.... :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Tomorrow for me is the only day without rain before it freezes up and changes to 'wintry mix' so although no sun, it starts raining at 1AM Sunday right through to Monday morning.

Off to Horrid Fate for more tools I'll never use first thing.

I hope to get my destroyed pinion yoke off, seal and crush collar replaced, gear oil changed (no drain on a 10.25) the cover glued back on and driveshaft back in so I can have RWD again.

Edit: I'm now the proud owner of a 36 inch pipe wrench a 3 ft length of 1-in black iron and the cheap and dirty breaker bar from Horrid Fate......

Tomorrow for me is the only day without rain before it freezes up and changes to 'wintry mix' so although no sun, it starts raining at 1AM Sunday right through to Monday morning.

Off to Horrid Fate for more tools I'll never use first thing.

I hope to get my destroyed pinion yoke off, seal and crush collar replaced, gear oil changed (no drain on a 10.25) the cover glued back on and driveshaft back in so I can have RWD again.

Edit: I'm now the proud owner of a 36 inch pipe wrench a 3 ft length of 1-in black iron and the cheap and dirty breaker bar from Horrid Fate......

be sure that you have an escape route in case something slips while" heavily loaded."

be sure that you have an escape route in case something slips while" heavily loaded."

Today I finally found something I have been searching for over the last ten years. I wanted one for my F150, but couldn't find one. I still wanted one just to have, and I think it will be a great addition to the documentation section. I may end up using it on my F350, depending upon how pliable it is. It's a one year only item not mentioned (correctly) in the factory parts catalog, and the part number Ford lists for it is incorrect as it was superseded. I'm pretty excited. :)

Today I finally found something I have been searching for over the last ten years. I wanted one for my F150, but couldn't find one. I still wanted one just to have, and I think it will be a great addition to the documentation section. I may end up using it on my F350, depending upon how pliable it is. It's a one year only item not mentioned (correctly) in the factory parts catalog, and the part number Ford lists for it is incorrect as it was superseded. I'm pretty excited. :)

Congrats! Can we start guessing? :nabble_smiley_happy:

You say 'one' so it's a single item and not a set/pair?

Well, you have me :nabble_anim_confused:. Can't imagine what it is, but am looking forward to finding out.

If we go off of 'one' and 'pliable' I think we can eliminate the back half of the truck as the tonneau cover was available for a number of earlier years. And most things on the exterior would be a pair. Hmm...