Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I think doing it the same way you did it last time is the right approach. And I hope the rain will quit so you can get it done ASAP. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

One conundrum I hadn't considered is how I'm going to attach a bar to a yoke that doesn't exist? :nabble_anim_confused:

I need to get it off, but I don't really want to use an impact on the ring and pinion

One conundrum I hadn't considered is how I'm going to attach a bar to a yoke that doesn't exist? :nabble_anim_confused:

I need to get it off, but I don't really want to use an impact on the ring and pinion

Yikes! I'd not thought about that. It would take a big pipe wrench, and it might not handle that much torque. Weld something to it?

What I did to my truck (Blue) and for my truck (Big Blue) was to drive 530 miles round-trip to Dallas with the intention to buy a pair of blue captain's chairs. But on close inspection the fabric on the bolsters of the seats is worn and I feared it would soon split there, so passed on buying them.

But, we did have a good day, in part by stopping at Reba's Place in Atoka, OK. This made up for having missed it last year when we took Big Blue following the Butterfield stage route. We ate at a nice restaurant in downtown Atoka, but when we got home we saw on TV that Reba had opened a place there - literally across the street from where we ate. :nabble_smiley_cry:

So today, realizing we were to pass through Atoka we decided to give it a try. The food was good!

Yikes! I'd not thought about that. It would take a big pipe wrench, and it might not handle that much torque. Weld something to it?

What I did to my truck (Blue) and for my truck (Big Blue) was to drive 530 miles round-trip to Dallas with the intention to buy a pair of blue captain's chairs. But on close inspection the fabric on the bolsters of the seats is worn and I feared it would soon split there, so passed on buying them.

But, we did have a good day, in part by stopping at Reba's Place in Atoka, OK. This made up for having missed it last year when we took Big Blue following the Butterfield stage route. We ate at a nice restaurant in downtown Atoka, but when we got home we saw on TV that Reba had opened a place there - literally across the street from where we ate. :nabble_smiley_cry:

So today, realizing we were to pass through Atoka we decided to give it a try. The food was good!

I think a big pipe wrench can handle it.

I've seen them take some serious abuse pulling apart hydraulic cylinders and similar.

Sounds like you had an enjoyable day with great company even if you didn't end up with what you set out for.

I think a big pipe wrench can handle it.

I've seen them take some serious abuse pulling apart hydraulic cylinders and similar.

Sounds like you had an enjoyable day with great company even if you didn't end up with what you set out for.

If you can put a piece of pipe on the handle of that wrench and let it it the frame you should be good.

And I did have great company. I told Janey I wanted her honest opinion about the seats and she said "I don't want to talk you out of them if you really want them." I explained that I had real concerns after looking at them closely, so she said "Don't do it."

After we left the seller texted me and said he thought I'd made the right decision. He's looked Big Blue over on here and agrees those seats aren't what it deserves. So now I'm going to do some more research to see if I can find anyone to recover & rebuild the low-back buckets that Chad/Little Beefy gave me.

If you can put a piece of pipe on the handle of that wrench and let it it the frame you should be good.

And I did have great company. I told Janey I wanted her honest opinion about the seats and she said "I don't want to talk you out of them if you really want them." I explained that I had real concerns after looking at them closely, so she said "Don't do it."

After we left the seller texted me and said he thought I'd made the right decision. He's looked Big Blue over on here and agrees those seats aren't what it deserves. So now I'm going to do some more research to see if I can find anyone to recover & rebuild the low-back buckets that Chad/Little Beefy gave me.

With a 3' wrench I don't need a cheater to have it hit the frame. 🙄

01132_W3.thumb.jpg.72c9c75c92dfc45ab36ccbdb88a10080.jpg

With a 3' wrench I don't need a cheater to have it hit the frame. 🙄

A little off topic but, does the door jam switch for dome light connect the hot , or ground?

I need a tap for an under dash light that will work the same as the dome light.

Thanks, Bill

A little off topic but, does the door jam switch for dome light connect the hot , or ground?

I need a tap for an under dash light that will work the same as the dome light.

Thanks, Bill

The harness is already there for knee hole courtesy lamps.

Yes.

The door jamb switch closes the power side....

1985-etm-page84.thumb.jpg.6266e1a76296760d22303ee045ef1cea.jpg

The harness is already there for knee hole courtesy lamps.

Yes.

The door jamb switch closes the power side....

If you pull up the EVTM you can see exactly where C125 is in your truck behind the instrument panel, by the radio.

1985-etm-page85.thumb.jpg.b3b84f21f0b9a3c8611e4bea6c898905.jpg

1985-etm-page69.thumb.jpg.8d67d004f9d7c603f961aa72e7dd848d.jpg