Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

What I did WITH Big Bro.

Wood shavings duty.

For the horses boxes.

We shovel bulk shavings in bags (at a friend's farm), and take it back to our barn.

4-5 times per year.

Yeah it looks like the truck handled it, but wow, that's a lot of bags to fill!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah it looks like the truck handled it, but wow, that's a lot of bags to fill!

Yep, but with the help from one of my sons and the couple who rent us a box for their horse, it takes about 3 hours to fill, transport and pile the bags in our barn.

There is a lack of snow here, so not a lot of winter sports... This was my only real exercise since couple of weeks. It was welcome.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Yep, but with the help from one of my sons and the couple who rent us a box for their horse, it takes about 3 hours to fill, transport and pile the bags in our barn.

There is a lack of snow here, so not a lot of winter sports... This was my only real exercise since couple of weeks. It was welcome.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

not exactly my truck but I did get a 1980 ranger 150 moved up onto a stand to finish stripping all parts from it before the carcass gets recycled. I really hate to not keep the frame but I'm out of practical room. the next one to process is an 81 f250 I believe. but we did have a cool one dropped off this morning. an f350 dump bed. 460 4 speed so I may be asking a question or two from the 460 guys here. the list starts with revive it and getting it running reliably, brake and safety check and if budget allows maybe a strait fender or two. but that will not be real soon as I have three ahead of it.

not exactly my truck but I did get a 1980 ranger 150 moved up onto a stand to finish stripping all parts from it before the carcass gets recycled. I really hate to not keep the frame but I'm out of practical room. the next one to process is an 81 f250 I believe. but we did have a cool one dropped off this morning. an f350 dump bed. 460 4 speed so I may be asking a question or two from the 460 guys here. the list starts with revive it and getting it running reliably, brake and safety check and if budget allows maybe a strait fender or two. but that will not be real soon as I have three ahead of it.

Sounds like a cool truck! :nabble_smiley_good:

Was the 80 Windsor powered? Is this the one you are going to measure the engine stands on?

Sounds like a cool truck! :nabble_smiley_good:

Was the 80 Windsor powered? Is this the one you are going to measure the engine stands on?

yes, and yes. the one on the rack to finish was a 302 but I have already used the perches on my 82 that I removed the v6, sold the v6 and built a mild 302 to go in. and the next f250 to be processed is also a 302 four speed that I will try to duplicate your measurements with before I remove the perches. both of these trucks are well beyond worth saving as the bodies are Swiss cheese from rust. I can fix bent and broken but I do need steel and not rust.

yes, and yes. the one on the rack to finish was a 302 but I have already used the perches on my 82 that I removed the v6, sold the v6 and built a mild 302 to go in. and the next f250 to be processed is also a 302 four speed that I will try to duplicate your measurements with before I remove the perches. both of these trucks are well beyond worth saving as the bodies are Swiss cheese from rust. I can fix bent and broken but I do need steel and not rust.

Matt - Good luck on the measurements. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

As for what I did to/with my truck today, I took Blue out on icy streets to get a new battery for Janey's GLK. (It just barely started after sitting for about a month while we took Blue to see the kids.) Given the streets I put the t-case in 4A, which means it apportions power as it sees the need, but then I heard a strange noise. Thinking back, I had the same noise in April of '17 and when it went into the shop they found the "integrated wheel ends", meaning the automagic wheel hubs, were bad. Back then they were under warranty, but not now. So again I have very expensive "stuff' going bad. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I'm here to tell you that Ford STILL has not figured out how to reliably bring the hubs in automatically. Or, at least hadn't by 2015, which is when Blue was built. So if you have manual hubs, rejoice! They usually work when you need them, and if they fail it won't cost you several thousand dollars to get them fixed.

Matt - Good luck on the measurements. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

As for what I did to/with my truck today, I took Blue out on icy streets to get a new battery for Janey's GLK. (It just barely started after sitting for about a month while we took Blue to see the kids.) Given the streets I put the t-case in 4A, which means it apportions power as it sees the need, but then I heard a strange noise. Thinking back, I had the same noise in April of '17 and when it went into the shop they found the "integrated wheel ends", meaning the automagic wheel hubs, were bad. Back then they were under warranty, but not now. So again I have very expensive "stuff' going bad. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I'm here to tell you that Ford STILL has not figured out how to reliably bring the hubs in automatically. Or, at least hadn't by 2015, which is when Blue was built. So if you have manual hubs, rejoice! They usually work when you need them, and if they fail it won't cost you several thousand dollars to get them fixed.

well, we had torrential rains today and fair amount of wind and since my strip down rack is outside, I stayed home to work on more comfortable projects. I finished rebuilding a set of e7 heads to put in stock and completed the rebuild on an aod stage 2 with super hold od servo. delivering that tomorrow and picking up the next heads so I can continue on the 289 build for a cougar.

well, we had torrential rains today and fair amount of wind and since my strip down rack is outside, I stayed home to work on more comfortable projects. I finished rebuilding a set of e7 heads to put in stock and completed the rebuild on an aod stage 2 with super hold od servo. delivering that tomorrow and picking up the next heads so I can continue on the 289 build for a cougar.

That seems like a sensible response to the weather, 'cause if your rain was anything like our rain you sure didn't want to be out in it. :nabble_smiley_good:

That seems like a sensible response to the weather, 'cause if your rain was anything like our rain you sure didn't want to be out in it. :nabble_smiley_good:

Installed new blower motor and blower wheel today. The bearings in the original motor were worn out, and it didn't spin very fast. New one sounds much better and seems to spin faster even with the engine not running. I'd say 37 years on a blower motor that still worked was pretty good. 414756630_388338950347601_8835793679013434189_n.jpg.b522c21c901eaa923793fa8cca3a1544.jpg416710877_684811637184801_2526363525159976466_n.jpg.08fd8ebbafb19378e9940fce4096f4bd.jpg

Installed new blower motor and blower wheel today. The bearings in the original motor were worn out, and it didn't spin very fast. New one sounds much better and seems to spin faster even with the engine not running. I'd say 37 years on a blower motor that still worked was pretty good.

Good to know. :nabble_smiley_good: