Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

The E7TZ-15022A08-A Part Number according to the MPC fits 1980 to the end of the catalog which is 1989.

So 1980 to at least 1989 F-100/F-350/U-150. I would guess 1980 until 1991 as the 1992-1996 cowl is different yet again.

I looked the same root 022A08 number up in my older catalog and got E5TZ-15022A08-A which fits 1980-1985 F-100/F-350/U-150.

I would bet there is also a E0TZ-15022A08-? number as well but cannot confirm that.

I would say they were redesigned slightly to cause a new part number, but they still will work and fit. Or the MPC is wrong. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Ralph, I looked at the pictures closely, and although there are differences between Bullnose and Bricknose part shape, these don't seem major.

My guess is that it will fit. We'll know soon, probably the next weekend!

:nabble_smiley_super:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ralph, I looked at the pictures closely, and although there are differences between Bullnose and Bricknose part shape, these don't seem major.

My guess is that it will fit. We'll know soon, probably the next weekend!

:nabble_smiley_super:

FWIW... When you pull the cowl grill, take the antenna loose, and pull it up a little, when I was in the process of changing the cowl it lifted in/out with the hood up just slightly with no problem, I was test fitting because I didn't want to waste time, and paint/primer to then find it wouldn't fit. It would be worth a try, only 2 screws in the base.

Bill

FWIW... When you pull the cowl grill, take the antenna loose, and pull it up a little, when I was in the process of changing the cowl it lifted in/out with the hood up just slightly with no problem, I was test fitting because I didn't want to waste time, and paint/primer to then find it wouldn't fit. It would be worth a try, only 2 screws in the base.

Bill

:nabble_smiley_good:

Bill

I installed the under cowl metal sheet I recently bought at my local salvage yard.

Job done!

Yes, very nice!

Looks very sharp!

Was left stranded the other day in the middle of the road but surprisingly it wasn't the 37 year old truck but rather the 2015 F150. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Was going along just fine, had a brief stumble and just died.

After some cranking it started and was able to get it in a parking lot in limp mode.

Unfortunately this was 45min from home at 9pm but fortunately my in-laws live close so we were able to borrow my father in laws code reader and car. Quick diagnosis of it being the coolant temp sensor. Truck has the 5.0 with 65k on it but guess these going bad are pretty common. The really nice thing was that the part was $16 from the dealership and required nothing more than reaching up to the back of the engine and swapping it out. 5 min job and back in business.

With the more modern truck I always dread things like this happening but got lucky this time. :nabble_smiley_good: