Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I'll make the detailed post here and when people ask anywhere else I'll funnel them here lol. This wasn't hard though, I just looked at our collapsed and extended lengths and found Fox ones that are the same. I've got adapters to convert the front shocks from stem top to eyelet so that's already taken care of.

I've got these ready to go on the blazer when it gets home, they're adjustable too which could be nice.

This is all much easier than figuring out the suspension to lift a Taurus SHO was though.

The ones for the Blazer are remote but the ones for your Ford aren't?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the headlight bucket repainted.

20230626_184919.jpg.e8756f2b172d24e8559eeab46f24bca9.jpg

And now.

20230626_212609.jpg.5fa79d9f7596af862260fa3953397b48.jpg

This site is super helpful and I haven't even dove deep yet. Although I may need to revisit the how to post page so I'm contributing correctly and in the right order.

You mean this????

Yep.

The idea caught on and my wife is becoming acquainted with the project.

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Planing a big US counterclockwise loop.

3 weeks wheeling.

• Go West really fast

• Going South-East easy, following the Rockies, from Montana's Glacier Park to Denver

• Stop in a certain September Truck event :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Come back home at a good pace, but with a South loop through the scenic Smoky Mountains.

Still analyzing but will probably look like this.

I'm thinking about starting a specific topic about «Big Bro's Big Trip».

BA09B3CC-2937-4CCE-944D-618211A285D5.jpeg.6cee9d9f25fcc6bc8c9957b54bfb44fc.jpeg

You mean this????

Yep.

The idea caught on and my wife is becoming acquainted with the project.

:nabble_smiley_happy:

Planing a big US counterclockwise loop.

3 weeks wheeling.

• Go West really fast

• Going South-East easy, following the Rockies, from Montana's Glacier Park to Denver

• Stop in a certain September Truck event :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Come back home at a good pace, but with a South loop through the scenic Smoky Mountains.

Still analyzing but will probably look like this.

I'm thinking about starting a specific topic about «Big Bro's Big Trip».

EXCELLENT!!!! :nabble_anim_jump:

Yes, please start a thread!

Yeah, it's $100 for the regulars and $200 for the remotes, so I didn't feel like spending extra when I wasn't sure it'd be worth it. The blazer is going to be used for a lot more off road than the truck, it's going to be our camping truck and likely our daily because I'm pretty sure I want to sell the infiniti. There's also the chance I end up with a solid axle swap or a coil swap for the ttb, so I may need new shocks in a few years anyways. The blazer isn't getting any more money for a while after it got a whole new engine lol

Yeah, it's $100 for the regulars and $200 for the remotes, so I didn't feel like spending extra when I wasn't sure it'd be worth it. The blazer is going to be used for a lot more off road than the truck, it's going to be our camping truck and likely our daily because I'm pretty sure I want to sell the infiniti. There's also the chance I end up with a solid axle swap or a coil swap for the ttb, so I may need new shocks in a few years anyways. The blazer isn't getting any more money for a while after it got a whole new engine lol

If I were to change from the Bilsteins that are on Big Blue I'd probably want to go with remotes. Just hard to imagine that the Fox shocks are that much better than Bilsteins unless you change to remotes. So I'll be anxious to read your "review".

If I were to change from the Bilsteins that are on Big Blue I'd probably want to go with remotes. Just hard to imagine that the Fox shocks are that much better than Bilsteins unless you change to remotes. So I'll be anxious to read your "review".

I'll definitely update you on the blazer too then, because it's actually got the billsteins on it right now. I think 4600s, whatever the yellow ones are. I can't remember what I have on the F250, I know the rears were Monroe and the front is something blue.

I'll definitely update you on the blazer too then, because it's actually got the billsteins on it right now. I think 4600s, whatever the yellow ones are. I can't remember what I have on the F250, I know the rears were Monroe and the front is something blue.

I have blue Bilsteins on the front and yellow ones on the rear. All four were yellow when I got the truck but when I did the solid-axle swap Sky Offroad recommended the blue ones.

I have blue Bilsteins on the front and yellow ones on the rear. All four were yellow when I got the truck but when I did the solid-axle swap Sky Offroad recommended the blue ones.

I got luckily unlucky, my power steering pulley fell off but it did it in the parking lot of my apartment. I heard a metal jangle noise and figured I'd lost something, then when I went to go park I knew I'd lost power steering. Got super lucky too that it just fell out and the belt just stayed in place.

20230630_180827.jpg.05e49f1df52b6e0129f8541dc0405e96.jpg

I got luckily unlucky, my power steering pulley fell off but it did it in the parking lot of my apartment. I heard a metal jangle noise and figured I'd lost something, then when I went to go park I knew I'd lost power steering. Got super lucky too that it just fell out and the belt just stayed in place.

Front Fox shocks showed up, I ordered the wrong ones. I checked my notes and the shock I'd picked is not the one I'd ordered lol. Gonna send them back and I might just toss the remote ones on that I had earmarked for the blazer since it looks like they'll fit. Gotta make sure before I do that, I don't remember the lengths on that one.