Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Added a high tech overflow container last night while my wife was out at a party.

Interesting! Does the straw go all the way to the bottom so it can suck up the overflow as things cool? And is there a vent so the container isn't pressurized?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting! Does the straw go all the way to the bottom so it can suck up the overflow as things cool? And is there a vent so the container isn't pressurized?

Yup, it's just a generic squirt bottle that I trimmed the squirter part off. After the picture I did poke a hole in the top for venting. What I didn't think about was if it can handle heat, but most plastics I know of won't melt at coolant temperatures.

Yup, it's just a generic squirt bottle that I trimmed the squirter part off. After the picture I did poke a hole in the top for venting. What I didn't think about was if it can handle heat, but most plastics I know of won't melt at coolant temperatures.

Will a 99, F350 seat fit 83,F100 direct bolt in with none/min mods? Both are bench, 99 has builtin headrest.

Thanks...Bill

Will a 99, F350 seat fit 83,F100 direct bolt in with none/min mods? Both are bench, 99 has builtin headrest.

Thanks...Bill

Most likely not. The floorplans are different. You might be able to modify the 83 frame to mint the 99 seats to it, but it won't be a direct swap.

Most likely not. The floorplans are different. You might be able to modify the 83 frame to mint the 99 seats to it, but it won't be a direct swap.

Well, I finally did it. The '86 lives and breathes. Fired up on the third try but couldn't see the timing marks because the balancer had been painted all black. Ran for a few minutes and died as I was trying to adjust timing. Got the timing marks highlighted, fired right back up and ran for 20 minutes varying rpm occasionally. Oil pressure and coolant temps were good the whole time. She seems to be running about 200-210* with a 196* thermostat. I might consider dropping to a 180*, but we'll see how things go as she breaks-in. Drive it 15 miles from my parents house to home and no major issues. The list of open items includes: small transmission leak(hoping it's the drain plug), new coolant gauge is going in and out, speedometer isn't working, upgraded ammeter isn't working, needs a front end alignment, nearly impossible to get into second gear. Need to confirm fuel pressure for EFI. I was seeing 34psi at idle.

Overall it was a great day. I figured there would be a lot of cussing and things going wrong and she fired right up.

Taking a break from the F350 to put some attention back on my Ranger. Back around 2015 I put a newer front fascia on the truck, but I miss the 2003 version so I'm collecting the parts to put it back to original. I'm trying to use all OEM parts, and have mostly been able to find them thanks to my factory parts catalog and experience with hunting down parts for Bullnose trucks.

Today was paint day.

Header.jpeg.d15fbd63dd5f90edf57bf3b0895bca6c.jpeg

Well, I finally did it. The '86 lives and breathes. Fired up on the third try but couldn't see the timing marks because the balancer had been painted all black. Ran for a few minutes and died as I was trying to adjust timing. Got the timing marks highlighted, fired right back up and ran for 20 minutes varying rpm occasionally. Oil pressure and coolant temps were good the whole time. She seems to be running about 200-210* with a 196* thermostat. I might consider dropping to a 180*, but we'll see how things go as she breaks-in. Drive it 15 miles from my parents house to home and no major issues. The list of open items includes: small transmission leak(hoping it's the drain plug), new coolant gauge is going in and out, speedometer isn't working, upgraded ammeter isn't working, needs a front end alignment, nearly impossible to get into second gear. Need to confirm fuel pressure for EFI. I was seeing 34psi at idle.

Overall it was a great day. I figured there would be a lot of cussing and things going wrong and she fired right up.

Looks like everyone is making progress on their trucks. But today I just used my truck.

Got to church this morning and discovered that one of our air conditioners had overflowed the drain and our auditorium was warm and humid. So we had our church service in another room and some of us went back this afternoon to determine the problem.

After vacuuming up the water we blew out the drain line using the air compressor on Big Blue. Then we took the A/C system apart to see what the problem was, and that took many of the tools I carry in BB's tool box. As it turns out the drain pan is rusted through, so the pros will have to be called. But the tools on and in BB sure helped determine that.

Looks like everyone is making progress on their trucks. But today I just used my truck.

Got to church this morning and discovered that one of our air conditioners had overflowed the drain and our auditorium was warm and humid. So we had our church service in another room and some of us went back this afternoon to determine the problem.

After vacuuming up the water we blew out the drain line using the air compressor on Big Blue. Then we took the A/C system apart to see what the problem was, and that took many of the tools I carry in BB's tool box. As it turns out the drain pan is rusted through, so the pros will have to be called. But the tools on and in BB sure helped determine that.

Our only hvac guy at work just quit, I think Wednesday is his last day. With us on reduced hours already I know they won't be hiring a replacement and none of us are licensed to touch that. I've done filters and the electrical stuff when he was out on medical leave but once you get to the refrigerant they're gonna have to farm it out.

Got the new gauge surround installed, looks much nicer than the fake wood and doesn't have various open holes from random thing my grandfather installed and removed. Do need to find a new home for the volt gauge as that's been important on this truck more than once.

20230625_083150.jpg.7900a32d78c76af6f2a3c3099b8141e5.jpg

20230626_150338.jpg.a3366e3386162bbd34eed12d72fa4eae.jpg

(It just does whatever it wants with my pictures doesn't it?)

And not bull related but my 92 blazer finally has an engine again. Took it to the shop in March, they had the engine out in a week and then we waited and waited on the parts, I think the bottom end kit was the longest wait. Relatively mild 383 and carb swap, guy at the shop says desktop dyno puts it around 480hp which I'm struggling to believe honestly. And with the trans shifting at 4500 rpm I'd never see all of that power anyways.

Our only hvac guy at work just quit, I think Wednesday is his last day. With us on reduced hours already I know they won't be hiring a replacement and none of us are licensed to touch that. I've done filters and the electrical stuff when he was out on medical leave but once you get to the refrigerant they're gonna have to farm it out.

Got the new gauge surround installed, looks much nicer than the fake wood and doesn't have various open holes from random thing my grandfather installed and removed. Do need to find a new home for the volt gauge as that's been important on this truck more than once.

(It just does whatever it wants with my pictures doesn't it?)

And not bull related but my 92 blazer finally has an engine again. Took it to the shop in March, they had the engine out in a week and then we waited and waited on the parts, I think the bottom end kit was the longest wait. Relatively mild 383 and carb swap, guy at the shop says desktop dyno puts it around 480hp which I'm struggling to believe honestly. And with the trans shifting at 4500 rpm I'd never see all of that power anyways.

Tach looks good, even upside down. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But the forum isn't doing anything with the pics. It doesn't have the ability to rotate them. It just posts them the way you take them, which is where the problem comes in as you've gotten used to "modern" software that reads the orientation data in the picture's file and orients before posting.

Back in the day it was intuitively obvious to the casual observer which way was up on a camera and software like this forum has was enough. But then cell phones came along and people took pictures any which way. So forums had code added to orient the pic. But not this forum's software. :nabble_smiley_sad:

So you have to properly orient the pic yourself before posting. I do it in a light version of Photoshop, but there are free apps that'll do it as well.

As for the 383, I'll bet you'll like it. Recently sold a boat that came from the factory with a 377, which is a stock-bore 350 w/a 400's crank. Turns out GM still has those pieces and when they discontinued the 454 Mercruiser needed something with similar torque and GM dusted them off and has been selling them that engine for years. Gobs of torque!

So you have to properly orient the pic yourself before posting. I do it in a light version of Photoshop, but there are free apps that'll do it as well.

If you take pictures with an iPhone (maybe the same with other brands but can't confirm), no need for a Desktop software.

Here is the trick:

1-Directly in your iPhone's pictures library, Modify your picture, rotating it 90° and save the modifications.

2-Again, Modify this same picture, rotate it correctly upside and save the modifications.

Even if you feel to simply have reversed the first modification and went back to the original situation, some metadata were saved in the picture file itself.

It will now appear correctly when imported in the Forum.