Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I have not gotten too far into the US Shift computer, but I do know there are settings for all that.

Based on how it behaves, I think it is dropping the TCC and also downshifting. When going up a hill, it would CLUNK! and downshift to maintain a good speed up the hill.

Yes, it should drop the TCC and then downshift and re-engage the clutch. That keeps the heat to a min and smooths the shift. But if it is clunking you might want it to drop the TCC a bit sooner and/or re-engage a bit later to smooth the shift. However, you don't want it to stay disengaged for very long while you climb the hill.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Replaced the distributor's Stator assembly, and the Rotor too.

I had the connector cracked, so decided to replace the whole Stator.

Cleaned up everything, it was worth the effort...

Before and after picts:

1AFDF234-85C3-4677-B61C-20445614DBD3.jpeg.ac016d66aa6d81e3ad866c2ac5a56eb0.jpeg

842FAD5A-2FF2-44CD-867F-837A812766B8.jpeg.7a141df5b991a38bd899d0da850aff75.jpeg

It didn't affect the timing, Big Bro still continue to run like a young truck.

Replaced the distributor's Stator assembly, and the Rotor too.

I had the connector cracked, so decided to replace the whole Stator.

Cleaned up everything, it was worth the effort...

Before and after picts:

It didn't affect the timing, Big Bro still continue to run like a young truck.

Wow, what a stark difference! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Good day on the truck today....ish.... Fyi, the LMC bed bolts that are the super duty some are the same Chinese crap as eBay and Amazon. Ended I up fighting half of them to get them on, but got it done. Also got the exhaust hangers installed, found out one if the new fuel tank filler hoses is too short... Have to figure out how I'm going to splice it because they bed isn't coming back off and the tank isn't getting dropped. Also got the carpet about 80% installed but not glued down. Want to give it some time in the summer heat to relax before I glue it. Also found out the seat belts aren't coming out of the floor so I have to figure out what to do with the carpet there. Fabricated a little bracket for the PCM and mounted the cruise control box to the bank of the PCM. Cruise is 100% installed.

Hopefully Tuesday I'll be finishing intake and filler neck and maybe trying to fire it.....

yes, it seems that all of the front fill hoses these days are using the next gen hoses as a replacement part number. however, the newer hoses are for the newer style concentric vent fill tube which is 4" longer so the hose is shorter. I keep dealing with this. I work at a metal fab shop part time, so I have started "stretching" the fill tube on some builds. essentially welding on an extension similar to an exhaust pipe. and yes, I must say for all of the lawyers out there. take the filler neck off the truck and weld it up remotely.

Replaced the speedometer cable this afternoon.

Wow, I didn't figure it was so long! Almost 8'. Looking at this long snake, I had a doubt, I unpacked the new one and confirmed I ordered (hopefully!) the good one.

:nabble_anim_jump:

A457A7BC-D825-4C08-85B9-1A0AFB63B561.jpeg.5118e00a583d0d6c2c3c8cc0abdabe86.jpeg

To pull out the cable, I took out the grummet and had to enlarge the firewall opening. There was already too much stuff going throughout it.

A1444612-9AC6-430C-8976-19ED578C3FDE.thumb.jpeg.288097ba0369dd718d9e7964c5d4810a.jpeg

No other surprises, although I have discovered that the cable driven gear shows some signs of wear. Not urgent, but I will have to figure to replace it.

ADCE0799-813E-40DF-9615-77E16666D29B.thumb.jpeg.9f16c4150f9f7fd0d70df01ab8de6953.jpeg

10C574C5-4F98-4691-AD73-45F5A6E86139.thumb.jpeg.8f6ea0c375ef333f371a14ccdbaf2eee.jpeg

D927598E-AEA7-467D-89A8-A4A6926F525E.thumb.jpeg.adadb7bd8cf1bc930b15d374e253789b.jpeg

The rest of the job went well. The speedometer isn't jumping anymore, success.

Replaced the speedometer cable this afternoon.

Wow, I didn't figure it was so long! Almost 8'. Looking at this long snake, I had a doubt, I unpacked the new one and confirmed I ordered (hopefully!) the good one.

:nabble_anim_jump:

To pull out the cable, I took out the grummet and had to enlarge the firewall opening. There was already too much stuff going throughout it.

No other surprises, although I have discovered that the cable driven gear shows some signs of wear. Not urgent, but I will have to figure to replace it.

The rest of the job went well. The speedometer isn't jumping anymore, success.

What did you lube it with, Jeff?

What did you lube it with, Jeff?

Gary - I read multiple advices about it, and was wondering about the impact of our winter low temperatures here, on lubricants (they tend to jam).

I decided to pour some chainsaw oil (medium viscosity).

Since I couldn't figure how to take the new cable out of its sleeve, I tried this guy syringe+garden hose trick. Worked well.

Didn't take picture of mine, but here is one from his thread (in my case, I poured oil from the other cable end):

6B723328-D3B8-4DE5-B88A-E03ED9728460.jpeg.d408769b767131bd3bde369e94c5d5cf.jpeg

Gary - I read multiple advices about it, and was wondering about the impact of our winter low temperatures here, on lubricants (they tend to jam).

I decided to pour some chainsaw oil (medium viscosity).

Since I couldn't figure how to take the new cable out of its sleeve, I tried this guy syringe+garden hose trick. Worked well.

Didn't take picture of mine, but here is one from his thread (in my case, I poured oil from the other cable end):

Ok, I hadn't thought of chainsaw oil. Pretty thin stuff, but it shouldn't gum up when cold.

Anyway, it appears to work. :nabble_smiley_good: