Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so maybe it wasn't my truck. my son was driving here for the weekend and called from the road asking about causes of stuttering and shaking in a repeated rhythmic way. I said you hurt the engine. drive easy and call if it fails. of course, he listed all of the things he had checked before calling. he knows this by now! he gets here safe but a little late, so we eat and head to bed. we get up and test drive with clear heads and got a few minutes down the road and turned back. barely it seemed. I made breakfast and said you need a new engine. this was his first engine build and before shipping out to the corps. so we all know he beat the snot out of it that summer. after breakfast out to the garage we go and I say here's a new one, here's a new one and there's a nearly new one. you are in the right place. so, we start an engine swap and are driving by that night. not what he had planned for the weekend, but it worked out. now he is about to head back to base and mom and I won't be praying (as much).

What a story, Matt!

:nabble_anim_claps:

«Son, you need an engine, just take a look here and choose the one you prefer»

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: :nabble_smiley_good:

so maybe it wasn't my truck. my son was driving here for the weekend and called from the road asking about causes of stuttering and shaking in a repeated rhythmic way. I said you hurt the engine. drive easy and call if it fails. of course, he listed all of the things he had checked before calling. he knows this by now! he gets here safe but a little late, so we eat and head to bed. we get up and test drive with clear heads and got a few minutes down the road and turned back. barely it seemed. I made breakfast and said you need a new engine. this was his first engine build and before shipping out to the corps. so we all know he beat the snot out of it that summer. after breakfast out to the garage we go and I say here's a new one, here's a new one and there's a nearly new one. you are in the right place. so, we start an engine swap and are driving by that night. not what he had planned for the weekend, but it worked out. now he is about to head back to base and mom and I won't be praying (as much).

Very good sir! Tell your son thanks for his service. I assume (no necessarily a good idea) that by the corps you mean USMC, if so, is he at Camp Lejeune? At least now the water is safe, it wasn't when I was there in 1965.

Very good sir! Tell your son thanks for his service. I assume (no necessarily a good idea) that by the corps you mean USMC, if so, is he at Camp Lejeune? At least now the water is safe, it wasn't when I was there in 1965.

Opened up the boxes with drums, calipers and G2 caliper paint. Did the prep and masking and put on 2 coats.

Now they get to sit and harden up until install time, which is still a couple of weeks out.

IMG_6087.thumb.jpeg.656ba9be3adf51f760b4ea79081cfeea.jpeg

IMG_6088.thumb.jpeg.a2c1583974c97abd8bc34b71dd83d552.jpeg

Pretty! :nabble_anim_claps:

No physical work, but got my upper intake manifold torx bolt ordered from Green Sales(ordered 2 just in case), 12pt bolts for the rest from McMaster Carr, new radiator from Mishimoto, and the exhaust intermediate pipe. Only major purchase left should be tires and need to do some research on white walls. On the list for physical work this week is cutting off the wiper knob so I can replace the gauge cluster and start working on the interior side of the factory cruise control installation.

No physical work, but got my upper intake manifold torx bolt ordered from Green Sales(ordered 2 just in case), 12pt bolts for the rest from McMaster Carr, new radiator from Mishimoto, and the exhaust intermediate pipe. Only major purchase left should be tires and need to do some research on white walls. On the list for physical work this week is cutting off the wiper knob so I can replace the gauge cluster and start working on the interior side of the factory cruise control installation.

That's progress, and as Jim says "Progress is good!" :nabble_anim_claps:

first. thank you for your service!

his buddy from high school is at Lejeune. he is at cherry point. almost through his fourth year in and one more to go. then we will see. service does not seem to be what it once was, but neither is the civilian world. possibly another administration could clean things up. (Was that filtered enough) I hope so. it almost hurt!

What a story, Matt!

:nabble_anim_claps:

«Son, you need an engine, just take a look here and choose the one you prefer»

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: :nabble_smiley_good:

yes, his mother said the same thing. do you realize that nobody has this? but i build engines for these old trucks and sell / install them too. I did back in Nashville and still building some here. not exactly selling many but hey I just moved and was practically home bound with senior care for the past six months. now that chapter is closed, and I'm trying to get back to work at engines, transmissions and the truck build.

yes, his mother said the same thing. do you realize that nobody has this? but i build engines for these old trucks and sell / install them too. I did back in Nashville and still building some here. not exactly selling many but hey I just moved and was practically home bound with senior care for the past six months. now that chapter is closed, and I'm trying to get back to work at engines, transmissions and the truck build.

One of my valve covers has a few pinholes in it below the mount for the hot fuel solenoids (or whatever they are). I don't feel like trying to patch it, so I bought a low mileage used one to replace it. I agree with the low mileage claim because this thing is clean on the inside with very little staining from oil.

348952947_204171758676095_1700455722494014774_n.jpg.d5038dd3b5a84de814ab09ae16ff4067.jpg