Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

A little something landed in the bed of my Ranger this afternoon.

Rust free doors from a 1995-1997.:nabble_smiley_cool:

(These supposedly don't fit 1980-1986 trucks, but my truck is a 1990 so they'll fit.)

They're not perfect and I'll have to fix some things, but they came fully loaded and there's some parts I won't need and can resell to the Aeronose guys to recoup some of the Benjamin I traded for these.

Good move, Shaun. :nabble_anim_claps:

Matt - I hope to not have to clean caked-on mud off. Would have if we'd gone to the OOAT, but shouldn't have to in NM.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little something landed in the bed of my Ranger this afternoon.

Rust free doors from a 1995-1997.:nabble_smiley_cool:

(These supposedly don't fit 1980-1986 trucks, but my truck is a 1990 so they'll fit.)

They're not perfect and I'll have to fix some things, but they came fully loaded and there's some parts I won't need and can resell to the Aeronose guys to recoup some of the Benjamin I traded for these.

they will fit. they have slightly different lines, and the vent windows are different, but they will fit the cab.

Good move, Shaun. :nabble_anim_claps:

Matt - I hope to not have to clean caked-on mud off. Would have if we'd gone to the OOAT, but shouldn't have to in NM.

I really like to use my trucks, but it hurts me to abuse them these days. I try to keep a rough truck for rough stuff. I know it's a luxury to do this, but these are cheap. Scotty Kilmer says so!

they will fit. they have slightly different lines, and the vent windows are different, but they will fit the cab.

I finally was able to do something at least. I rebuilt my carburetor for the 82 v6 truck. it ran fair but would not idle below 1000. it was nasty! one of the idle mixture screws was stuck in rust and power valve I suspect was leaking as it was dripping through the venturis while running. its new now. so far everything I have found on this truck was as issued from ford. even has the original belt still although not for long. hopefully I can get back to the shop soon to install and test drive it.

I finally was able to do something at least. I rebuilt my carburetor for the 82 v6 truck. it ran fair but would not idle below 1000. it was nasty! one of the idle mixture screws was stuck in rust and power valve I suspect was leaking as it was dripping through the venturis while running. its new now. so far everything I have found on this truck was as issued from ford. even has the original belt still although not for long. hopefully I can get back to the shop soon to install and test drive it.

Mat - Might you have a vacuum leak?

As for what I've done to my truck today, I finished the detailing, took pics, changed the oil & filter, and straightened the bumper. Feeling pretty good about it. Here are some pics, with the last pair being before and after of Back To Black. The left pic shows where I treated one spot and then left it overnight.

RF_From_Low.jpg.1d8a2eafccfd5e7ac81de3eb34fdeecf.jpg

RR_From_Low.jpg.3ef78faad4d09000559baf5e60447fb9.jpg

B2B_Test_On_Tire.thumb.jpg.020371ce7c1732b891c2e9f9e5be247f.jpgB2Bd_Tire.thumb.jpg.250bb3c946e97f802815bb3d9a5311a0.jpg

Mat - Might you have a vacuum leak?

As for what I've done to my truck today, I finished the detailing, took pics, changed the oil & filter, and straightened the bumper. Feeling pretty good about it. Here are some pics, with the last pair being before and after of Back To Black. The left pic shows where I treated one spot and then left it overnight.

Wow!

:nabble_anim_claps:

James Bond in toxedo just before jumping from a plane to Mud Mission in Mosquito Woods.

The very bottom line is barely noticeable, but I don't notice it at all when I look at pictures of 95-97 trucks so I won't notice it on this truck either. I'm not sure what I will do with the vent windows, as I have 1980-1986 vent windows and door glass, but I don't think they're in the best shape. I haven't looked at the aeronose ones very close, but if they're in better shape, there's no point in swapping them out. I'm not worried about how it looks on this farm truck that's taking forever to build.

Wow!

:nabble_anim_claps:

James Bond in toxedo just before jumping from a plane to Mud Mission in Mosquito Woods.

Jeff - My father would have said "If that's a compliment then I thank you", but usually when he knew it wasn't. I think you meant it as a compliment, and I'll take it as that. :nabble_anim_confused:

I think you meant it as a compliment, and I'll take it as that. :nabble_anim_confused:

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

It IS, for sure!

Maybe my English isn't just enough accurate for subtile meaning.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks! I thought that's what you meant.

I'm pleased with how the truck turned out, and just hope I can get it back close to that for when I pick my son up at the airport in Albuquerque after driving 750 miles to get there. I'm taking a bottle of Mother's Detail spray and will take some towels to see what I can do. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig: