Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I'll hope with you that the IAC was the problem. :nabble_crossed-fingers-20-pixel_orig:

Well we have success! No more stalling!

On the flip side rhe new tensioner pulley and belt I had went bad, the bearing squealed. So I changed the belt and pulley AGAIN and now she's quiet as a church mouse. Thank God for warranties.

Excellent on both counts - glad you got the stalling fixed, and that you caught the idler pulley before it froze and tore up the belt. (Don't ask how I know what happens.)

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent on both counts - glad you got the stalling fixed, and that you caught the idler pulley before it froze and tore up the belt. (Don't ask how I know what happens.)

I had an a/c compressor clutch bearing seize up on my grand marquis a few years ago. Drove it down the highway 65 mile round trip, only noticed a rattling sound idling when I got some food that went away when the a/c compressor engaged. It got so hot it melted the rubber isolators on the a/c clutch and I'm impressed that belt made it. The magnet/coil was charred to a crisp, but it still works. I now have a new rule, don't ever trust a bearing that has anything to do with a belt drive system past about 100-120k miles. That bearing felt totally fine a few thousand miles prior.

I also washed the truck today.

I guess that's what I get for daily driving a 33 year old truck haha. But I've been super lucky about not tearing belts up but on the flip side I have had 3 belts on this thing in the last few months. Nothing I hate more than a noisy belt.

I guess that's what I get for daily driving a 33 year old truck haha. But I've been super lucky about not tearing belts up but on the flip side I have had 3 belts on this thing in the last few months. Nothing I hate more than a noisy belt.

I made a plate that secures the radio bezel into the dash since the plastic holes for the screws broke out. Also finally got my air cleaner decal.

336654041_1282928959235051_3799651130414052117_n.jpg.b8635f60866a8a9ef6a3a34c1fd4a7ea.jpg

Looks OK I think, definitely works well.

337435583_1228291284560543_3653045485901038732_n.jpg.9789cb8d9aad2071751b456549decddc.jpg

Nice!

Yes, very nice!

As for WHYDTYTT, I drove Big Blue and since it was 75 degrees I flipped the switch to A/C. But warm air came out of the vents. Sure enough, the clutch isn't coming in on the compressor, so I'm assuming it is low on charge. But since I'm driving it to a show on Saturday, I guess tomorrow I'll be seeing if it'll take a can and start working. :nabble_smiley_sad:

All week for the couple hours of daylight I have I've been getting my head around these breaks pad and rotors on my 85 f250 w/ I think a Dana 44, besides usually hangups of gathering tools, I now can't get deeper into the hub, I've got the large outer ring but everything I've seen says next steps to pull a small machine screw, can anyone help?KIMG0385.jpg.93dbc9bbac3c62a13440a5a8cd12a448.jpg

All week for the couple hours of daylight I have I've been getting my head around these breaks pad and rotors on my 85 f250 w/ I think a Dana 44, besides usually hangups of gathering tools, I now can't get deeper into the hub, I've got the large outer ring but everything I've seen says next steps to pull a small machine screw, can anyone help?

There's only a screw in the end of the axle if you have auto-locking hubs. (remember 8 lug = D44 HD )

If you really have both the lock ring and the snap ring out, use one of the lock hub screws to make a handle for the splined part by threading it back in a bit, and jiggle the lock out.

See figure 1 of the instructions at this link: https://www.garysgaragemahal.com/4wd-front-hubs--rotors.html

Then you're going to need a spindle nut socket to depress the spring loaded nut and spin it off the spindle.

(technically you could get them off with a couple of screwdrivers, but you can't really set the torque to replace them)

Today I wrote the final «chapter» :nabble_smiley_evil: of my carburetor fuel pipe connexion journey.

Jeff - It looks like it'll work quite well. :nabble_anim_claps:

As for WHIDTMTT, I washed it as best I could with what time I had and got it ready for the show tomorrow. And along the way I checked out the A/C system and discovered that there's no refrigerant in the system. Nada. So BB has a date with the Mechanix shop on Tuesday. Hopefully the third time is truly the charm. :nabble_smiley_unhappy: