Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I installed my restored correct air cleaner housing today. My decal never showed up but I suppose it will eventually if USPS ever finds it. The vacuum motor works like it should and so does the thermal vacuum switch for it. I made a sealing washer for the wingnut out of a piece of radiator hose and glued it to a stainless steel washer. Nice and snug fit and has plenty of squish and should last a long time.

I used an Acdelco A355C air filter element since it was the cheapest filter on Amazon and it also fit perfectly and appears to be a very nice filter for the whopping $6 it cost me.

That's good to know. :nabble_smiley_good:

I have a hard time finding air filters for my truck these days.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought a couple more to have on hand since they were such a good deal. They are on sale right now if you search for them on Amazon.

Must have been a popular sale!

I'm getting "usually ships in 1-2 months. Prime delivery April 14th". :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Edit: I did manage to do some eBay sleuthing and pick up a round of tune-up parts: NGK UR4's, NOS Blue Streak cap & rotor, shelf worn Echlin Premium wires and a Wix air filter so I may just order some more filters and save them for another day.

That and two vacuum caps and my truck is back to running as it should! :nabble_smiley_cool:

I'm getting "usually ships in 1-2 months. Prime delivery April 14th". :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Edit: I did manage to do some eBay sleuthing and pick up a round of tune-up parts: NGK UR4's, NOS Blue Streak cap & rotor, shelf worn Echlin Premium wires and a Wix air filter so I may just order some more filters and save them for another day.

That and two vacuum caps and my truck is back to running as it should! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Removed more emissions garbage today, pulled some cruise control vacuum stuff out and did the PCV reroute today.

Overall minus the annoying random lifter tick this truck is running like a champ. Very happy.

We also got some snow last week that I forgot to post about. So I had a little fun.

Screenshot_20230227_203317_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a7be3d58ee78c57ee5c752bbd28bd3cd.jpg

Yeah it did take two weeks to arrive. Not in a huge hurry for them so the price savings works for me. I buy a lot of NOS parts on ebay as well. I have found the current production 8.5 mm blue streak sparkplug wires to be a great value. Really nicely constructed and low ohm core for a good price.

Small easy job today.

When rebuilding Big Bro, I installed a brand new windshield washer/rad overflow bottle, and a new washer fluid pump.

I realized that the pump gasket was slowly leaking. I decided to change the pump again, and while disconnecting the plug, one wire broke.

So, I ordered a new pigtail.

:nabble_smiley_thinking:

Today I installed a new pump and the new S596 style plug. About this latter, I had to cut a small flange on the plug contour, in order to insert it in the pump end. Strange... Maybe this pigtail connector is made to fit slightly wider pumps plug models?:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Otherwise, without the flange, it fits perfectly, pins aligned in the connector holes, and connector clipped and secured correctly.

IMG_5302.jpg.d4f783c586840f2f6d913b73636468df.jpg

IMG_5304.jpg.0961d5063e8ad2396586fffa3eb00fb9.jpg

IMG_5306.jpg.319e669927cf1043cfccff6e48583bff.jpg

Small easy job today.

When rebuilding Big Bro, I installed a brand new windshield washer/rad overflow bottle, and a new washer fluid pump.

I realized that the pump gasket was slowly leaking. I decided to change the pump again, and while disconnecting the plug, one wire broke.

So, I ordered a new pigtail.

:nabble_smiley_thinking:

Today I installed a new pump and the new S596 style plug. About this latter, I had to cut a small flange on the plug contour, in order to insert it in the pump end. Strange... Maybe this pigtail connector is made to fit slightly wider pumps plug models?:nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Otherwise, without the flange, it fits perfectly, pins aligned in the connector holes, and connector clipped and secured correctly.

not exactly working on my truck but gathering parts for trucks in waiting. had the experience of driving through apex NC. wow the traffic was frustrating. the construction and newer roads, frustrating. and wouldn't you know the road I was looking for happened to be one WITHOUT a road sign. I got where I needed to go by doing things the old-fashioned way. I even talked to the guy I was going to see, and he could not tell me where he was beyond his address and where his gps takes him. I was frustrated but successful, then I was proud of the fact that my notes from map reading were spot on. and I did NOT need gps. I also carry basic tools and a small can of gas too. yes ! im that guy!

not exactly working on my truck but gathering parts for trucks in waiting. had the experience of driving through apex NC. wow the traffic was frustrating. the construction and newer roads, frustrating. and wouldn't you know the road I was looking for happened to be one WITHOUT a road sign. I got where I needed to go by doing things the old-fashioned way. I even talked to the guy I was going to see, and he could not tell me where he was beyond his address and where his gps takes him. I was frustrated but successful, then I was proud of the fact that my notes from map reading were spot on. and I did NOT need gps. I also carry basic tools and a small can of gas too. yes ! im that guy!

I appreciate GPS and find them very useful. Although they can be very frustrating:nabble_smiley_wink: when there's a lot of road works, they're not always up-to-date.

On the other hand, I fully agree with you Matt. For example, I never go in the woods for hunting or hiking without a map and my compass in the backpack.

These hold school tools never break down, I cannot rely only on technology, too risky that my GPS suddenly decides to... not work.

Yep, I'm that guy!

:nabble_smiley_wink: