Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Those are the problems I have had when the "bleeder tube" was not connected right during reassembly. I got in and connected it up right and never had the problems again. It's pretty necessary.

I. noticed in the picture that you had a splice of copper tubing installed. the original corrugated tube takes a 5/8' od copper tube well actually. although it does restrict a little. I have also tried it before on an earlier repair and had the same issue. I noticed the later models have a much larger internal fill tube. I have tried with and without and it is definitely there for a reason. if you could locate a later model fill tube it will be a great improvement but there are a couple other differences also. 1 the tank on the newer does not have the stirrup to hold the corrugated pipe. two the fill tube mounts to the box at an angle, not square like the bullnose with the plastic box.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I. noticed in the picture that you had a splice of copper tubing installed. the original corrugated tube takes a 5/8' od copper tube well actually. although it does restrict a little. I have also tried it before on an earlier repair and had the same issue. I noticed the later models have a much larger internal fill tube. I have tried with and without and it is definitely there for a reason. if you could locate a later model fill tube it will be a great improvement but there are a couple other differences also. 1 the tank on the newer does not have the stirrup to hold the corrugated pipe. two the fill tube mounts to the box at an angle, not square like the bullnose with the plastic box.

Today I learned the hard way that two firewalls aren't exactly stamped the same, especially when they're four years apart. The patch panel from my 86 parts truck has some extra bends and "bumps" that my 1990 cab doesn't have. This makes it difficult to line up, and I will have to massage both to meet in the middle so I can weld them up. I am not having much fun with all of this curvature on the firewall. I feel like the floors and back of the cab will be much easier to work with.

The replacement itself went well enough, but when I tried to bleed it I couldn't get any flow at all. I pumped the brakes, and got nada. I put the Mityvac on and got nada. So I pulled it and fluid came out. And then I took a close look at it and suddenly remembered the odd rubber cap with a hole in it I'd taken off. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Interesting. When I was last futzing with the brakes on my truck, I got the brilliant idea to trim down some vacuum caps and put them over the bleeder valves to keep them clean. Maybe I am not as smart as I think I am... :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

The replacement itself went well enough, but when I tried to bleed it I couldn't get any flow at all. I pumped the brakes, and got nada. I put the Mityvac on and got nada. So I pulled it and fluid came out. And then I took a close look at it and suddenly remembered the odd rubber cap with a hole in it I'd taken off. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Interesting. When I was last futzing with the brakes on my truck, I got the brilliant idea to trim down some vacuum caps and put them over the bleeder valves to keep them clean. Maybe I am not as smart as I think I am... :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

This one had been dropped and the impact drove the rubber into the bleed hole. 😳