Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Jeff, will we be seeing Big Brother all done up in a Christmas photo shoot this year? I'm looking forward to it!

John, had some starting trouble with Big Brother, stalled in his garage... Fixed this morning.

This is the 2022 Christmas pict, took a bit late this afternoon, but here it is!

:nabble_smiley_happy:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Merry-Christmas-tp128874p129036.html

Shoutout to Gary for this great resource!

I'm currently making sure my wiring harness is routed to the dash correctly, and found a brown connector with three wires (Y/B, R/Y, B) up by the driver's side A/C vent. Took me a bit to head down the right road, but I quickly realized it is most likely for the inferred mileage/extended useful life sensor module. My harness is from a 1986 5.0 EFI truck, so that seems to be the plausible explanation. :nabble_smiley_good:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shoutout to Gary for this great resource!

I'm currently making sure my wiring harness is routed to the dash correctly, and found a brown connector with three wires (Y/B, R/Y, B) up by the driver's side A/C vent. Took me a bit to head down the right road, but I quickly realized it is most likely for the inferred mileage/extended useful life sensor module. My harness is from a 1986 5.0 EFI truck, so that seems to be the plausible explanation. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, that seems likely, Shaun. And, you are welcome. The resource is a labor of love.

Yes, that seems likely, Shaun. And, you are welcome. The resource is a labor of love.

Well, the only thing I did with/to my truck today was to move it so I could get the Kia out of the shop. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I'd hoped that the Windsor air intake was going to be in today so I could at least see how much work it'll take to make it fit. But it hasn't come and Amazon brought the RR caliper for the Kia Rio I've been working on for a young girl at church. So I worked on it instead.

Long story short, the rear brakes on the Kia were in poor shape and we thought it was just going to take pads and rotors. But in reality the RR caliper was frozen and had to be replaced.

The replacement itself went well enough, but when I tried to bleed it I couldn't get any flow at all. I pumped the brakes, and got nada. I put the Mityvac on and got nada. So I pulled it and fluid came out. And then I took a close look at it and suddenly remembered the odd rubber cap with a hole in it I'd taken off. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Plugged_Brake_Bleeder_Valve.thumb.jpg.550a8308dcae63399350ed04d3805d55.jpg

Well, the only thing I did with/to my truck today was to move it so I could get the Kia out of the shop. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I'd hoped that the Windsor air intake was going to be in today so I could at least see how much work it'll take to make it fit. But it hasn't come and Amazon brought the RR caliper for the Kia Rio I've been working on for a young girl at church. So I worked on it instead.

Long story short, the rear brakes on the Kia were in poor shape and we thought it was just going to take pads and rotors. But in reality the RR caliper was frozen and had to be replaced.

The replacement itself went well enough, but when I tried to bleed it I couldn't get any flow at all. I pumped the brakes, and got nada. I put the Mityvac on and got nada. So I pulled it and fluid came out. And then I took a close look at it and suddenly remembered the odd rubber cap with a hole in it I'd taken off. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Stuff like that can be puzzling if not frustrating.

I'd imagine if you stepped on the pedal hard enough it would have fired out of the bleeder.

Was the box all banged up?

Stuff like that can be puzzling if not frustrating.

I'd imagine if you stepped on the pedal hard enough it would have fired out of the bleeder.

Was the box all banged up?

The box did have a spot where it had obviously been dropped or at least hit pretty hard. So that was surely what happened.

And yes, I'd have thought that it would pop out with enough pressure. But I didn't start the car so didn't have the booster helping me and apparently didn't have enough pressure.

The box did have a spot where it had obviously been dropped or at least hit pretty hard. So that was surely what happened.

And yes, I'd have thought that it would pop out with enough pressure. But I didn't start the car so didn't have the booster helping me and apparently didn't have enough pressure.

Got me a new set of gauges, the bulbs were super weak, replaced with 270 led. Soldered the leads, did a trial run, I can really see the faces now. FWIW, be really quick with the soldering iron, also they are not -/+ sensitive.

view_1.jpg.55cb0c00ca66268e56d1de38f9ace411.jpgview2.jpg.556cd92977e24bef0814559fd99be113.jpg

Got me a new set of gauges, the bulbs were super weak, replaced with 270 led. Soldered the leads, did a trial run, I can really see the faces now. FWIW, be really quick with the soldering iron, also they are not -/+ sensitive.

Interesting approach by soldering the LED's in. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for what we did with, not to, Big Blue today, we drove him 100 miles. But much of that was on gravel roads trekking across Osage County, which is the largest county in Oklahoma and was coextensive with the Osage Reservation until the reservation was done away with.

Anyway, in the many miles we drove on the gravel roads we only met two other vehicles. But we saw a LOT of horses and many cattle. The cattle I understand, but I wonder what they do with all of those horses?

We started the day by touring the Drummond Home in Hominy, which is where the Drummond "dynasty" began, and ended the day in The Mercantile in Pawhuska, which is where Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman, revitalized a whole town. People come from all over to see what she's done. For instance, we parked Big Blue next to a car from California.

As for how Big Blue did - superbly. I am constantly amazed at how easily he pulls hills - pretty well like they aren't there. On the gravel roads we ran between 30 & 35 MPH in 4th gear, which is 1100 to 1300 RPM. And the hills just didn't factor into the driving - we motored up them easily, and there were some steep ones. :nabble_smiley_super:

Interesting approach by soldering the LED's in. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for what we did with, not to, Big Blue today, we drove him 100 miles. But much of that was on gravel roads trekking across Osage County, which is the largest county in Oklahoma and was coextensive with the Osage Reservation until the reservation was done away with.

Anyway, in the many miles we drove on the gravel roads we only met two other vehicles. But we saw a LOT of horses and many cattle. The cattle I understand, but I wonder what they do with all of those horses?

We started the day by touring the Drummond Home in Hominy, which is where the Drummond "dynasty" began, and ended the day in The Mercantile in Pawhuska, which is where Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman, revitalized a whole town. People come from all over to see what she's done. For instance, we parked Big Blue next to a car from California.

As for how Big Blue did - superbly. I am constantly amazed at how easily he pulls hills - pretty well like they aren't there. On the gravel roads we ran between 30 & 35 MPH in 4th gear, which is 1100 to 1300 RPM. And the hills just didn't factor into the driving - we motored up them easily, and there were some steep ones. :nabble_smiley_super:

Great to hear! Glad you are enjoying your truck!

Great to hear! Glad you are enjoying your truck!

Has anyone replaced the fuel filler hose without the "bleeder tube" how did it work. Having super probs with spitback, takes forever to fill tank. Long bed, midship tank, 19 gal I think.

Thanks, Bill

Has anyone replaced the fuel filler hose without the "bleeder tube" how did it work. Having super probs with spitback, takes forever to fill tank. Long bed, midship tank, 19 gal I think.

Thanks, Bill

Those are the problems I have had when the "bleeder tube" was not connected right during reassembly. I got in and connected it up right and never had the problems again. It's pretty necessary.