Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Sorry about not getting back sooner, didn't get notification.

Length is 8 1/4", C924A CMI...under that # EOTA 3530 CWC. (EOTA would be 1980?)

I was thinking about cutting some off where it goes into/under the cluster.

Thanks, Bill

I'm pretty sure one can be had if you don't want to cut the one you have. besides it may be more involved than just the length. there may be fitment locations that could make it fiddly. im headed to sc in the morning or i would look in the shop for one of the shorter ones. maybe when i get back home tuesday i can look

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm pretty sure one can be had if you don't want to cut the one you have. besides it may be more involved than just the length. there may be fitment locations that could make it fiddly. im headed to sc in the morning or i would look in the shop for one of the shorter ones. maybe when i get back home tuesday i can look

I think I have a bunch of sleeves for a few different types of column. I can check on it tomorrow and let you know if anyone is interested.

I think I have a bunch of sleeves for a few different types of column. I can check on it tomorrow and let you know if anyone is interested.

Nickelplate

Look and see if the non tilt sleeve can be shortened to work with the tilt please.

Looks like they are exactly the same inside an out except that the non-tilt is exactly 1.5 inches longer. Remove 1.5" and I think it should fit perfectly.

Thank you, I will try that. ....... I set my table saw fence 1 1/2", and did the cut, came out good and straight, is this a great site, or what !!!

B.jpg.7836268a1addee2b244e15bc60eb916c.jpgC.jpg.da7d3891289c11645abb0ddd50cd5bda.jpgA.jpg.ea519e51e8b6bd816edc0d9ac4a310a3.jpg

Yes, that does look good. :nabble_smiley_good:
Another case of not so much doing something TO my truck, but WITH it.In this case, I made it work:

IMG_4845.jpg.2e45a76a4aa4ace650b89cc4e6f0f1ac.jpg

This past weekend was the work weekend for my son's Eagle Scout project, which was to build raised garden beds and a gravel footpath for our church. He didn't want one of those projects that looks good to begin with but starts to degrade right away, such that five years later it becomes an eyesore. So he built it out of railroad ties, which weigh about 200 pounds each. That's 1500+ pounds of wood in that photo, which is the most I've ever had in the truck. I'm happy to say the truck barely noticed the weight and drove and handled just like it always has.

In less happy news, my grandmother (the patron saint of my truck) passed away last week at the age of 97. She'd been in declining health for the last couple of years, but recently she took a bad fall and broke her hip. Her initial prognosis was pretty good, but that's still tough to come back from at that age. Per her wishes she was cremated, and I've been tasked by my mother with bringing a portion of her ashes back to Oklahoma, to be with my grandfather.

So Gary, that makes me a confirmed attendee for the '23 show. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Another case of not so much doing something TO my truck, but WITH it.In this case, I made it work:

This past weekend was the work weekend for my son's Eagle Scout project, which was to build raised garden beds and a gravel footpath for our church. He didn't want one of those projects that looks good to begin with but starts to degrade right away, such that five years later it becomes an eyesore. So he built it out of railroad ties, which weigh about 200 pounds each. That's 1500+ pounds of wood in that photo, which is the most I've ever had in the truck. I'm happy to say the truck barely noticed the weight and drove and handled just like it always has.

In less happy news, my grandmother (the patron saint of my truck) passed away last week at the age of 97. She'd been in declining health for the last couple of years, but recently she took a bad fall and broke her hip. Her initial prognosis was pretty good, but that's still tough to come back from at that age. Per her wishes she was cremated, and I've been tasked by my mother with bringing a portion of her ashes back to Oklahoma, to be with my grandfather.

So Gary, that makes me a confirmed attendee for the '23 show. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Matthew - I’m sorry for your loss. I know you loved her a bunch, and she loved you. Otherwise why would she have sold you the truck at that price. :nabble_smiley_wink:But the truck is proving it is worth far more than that price. I’m glad you will be able to make the show, but I’m sorry it is for that reason.

Matthew - I’m sorry for your loss. I know you loved her a bunch, and she loved you. Otherwise why would she have sold you the truck at that price. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But the truck is proving it is worth far more than that price.

I’m glad you will be able to make the show, but I’m sorry it is for that reason.

Thank you...and indeed she did. I suppose technically I am now free of my obligation to keep and maintain the truck, but as you point out, the truck is worth a lot to me. So I'll be sticking to my plan to keep it running into the 2050s before giving it to Dominic if he wants it.

And have no fear...I already had every intention of coming to the next show if possible (and the Labor Day + 2 weeks date works GREAT for me), this just moves it up to a guarantee, barring disaster.