Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Our calculator says you should be running about 1800 RPM at 70 in OD and 2700 in 3rd. That 1700 is probably too low for the 302 to have much torque, and it may shift out a lot. Hopefully you can tune the controller with the new tranny to keep it in longer, which will help your MPG.

As for the tires, I like my Wildpeak AT3W's. Far lower noise than the old tires, and a lot less weight needed to balance them.

Thanks, I'm going to check out Wildpeak AT3W.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

gary im glad to hear that you like the wildpeak at3w's. bubba is on his third set and will definitely get a fourth . one day.

This morning, after horse manure and before going office, I changed the exterior mirrors.

The new ones I bought from LMC were angled shape, and I wanted to be as close to Big Brother's original ones as possible. Well, have to admit that I did cheat a little bit, cause Big Bro was born with black ones and I definitely prefer the chrome ones.

:nabble_smiley_whistling:

So, on my forum friends' advice, I found nice rounded mirrors and took off the angle shape LMC's.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/The-FORD-Lounge-tp30992p111801.html

Job done!

DB6FDCA7-7808-4264-99B9-0A4564CB2843.jpeg.ce4e040922185c1e919c2bb0883aad6f.jpeg

49E4E688-FE47-4059-8D54-FBB95D7EEF96.jpeg.4449d866e63a781475552441d2746185.jpeg

EC9CBA2F-4E33-4B75-AEC6-BDB90CFAFB72.jpeg.28db31f7b143ef7b525dc4283a5295cb.jpeg

5BBEAAD8-D865-4AF5-B8FE-2217D00E4D44.jpeg.2e56e4259e1a7babd5add90fa3e45605.jpeg

And I now have these extra angle mirrors to give (almost new), if someone willing to pay shipping and duty fees...

A839D584-FCBC-42FA-8385-6E00421F003B.jpeg.d3fc5af3d1f3a19c19114ed8c49fb5db.jpeg

97472BA3-1772-4FF3-BC1E-3DA4142D7D03.jpeg.951c3f1378ec9dee79985b6ac9f63cd8.jpeg

F8FC8694-5C2E-4A10-9B2C-8D5A23890B14.jpeg.71e494a9f8fa4e8f72afdd191a1b4999.jpeg

This morning, after horse manure and before going office, I changed the exterior mirrors.

The new ones I bought from LMC were angled shape, and I wanted to be as close to Big Brother's original ones as possible. Well, have to admit that I did cheat a little bit, cause Big Bro was born with black ones and I definitely prefer the chrome ones.

So, on my forum friends' advice, I found nice rounded mirrors and took off the angle shape LMC's.

Job done!

And I now have these extra angle mirrors to give (almost new), if someone willing to pay shipping and duty fees...

Yours is only the second truck I have seen with the "3-bolt side mirrors" option. Pretty cool!

Yours is only the second truck I have seen with the "3-bolt side mirrors" option. Pretty cool!

In fact, Big Bro's original black mirrors were mounted on his original doors with "two holes" pattern:

401F2C8C-4170-4E9B-B358-22140CA118D8.jpeg.155bbe05ddf67b801bf5c7721b894bb1.jpeg

The new doors came with 3 holes, so were bought the angle mirrors too. I like it, it's very strong.

Had one wrongly ordered, that's why I now have 2 extra heads and one complete "2 holes" set to give.

Job done!

Those look really good, Jeff! I like them, for sure. :nabble_anim_claps:

But I'm a bit concerned by your morning rituals. Normally I would have said something like "This morning, after two cups of coffee, I ...." But not "This morning, after horse manure..." :nabble_smiley_oh:

But I'm a bit concerned by your morning rituals. Normally I would have said something like "This morning, after two cups of coffee, I ...." But not "This morning, after horse manure..." :nabble_smiley_oh:

Yeah, I’m pretty slow to wake up, but I’ll stick to coffee…

Yeah, I’m pretty slow to wake up, but I’ll stick to coffee…

We used to have ammonia capsules in the first aid kit for sports in order to wake people up. Given the amount of ammonia that manure gives off it may be more effective that caffeine. :nabble_smiley_evil:

We used to have ammonia capsules in the first aid kit for sports in order to wake people up. Given the amount of ammonia that manure gives off it may be more effective that caffeine. :nabble_smiley_evil:

Lol!

Yep, that's my gentleman farmer life:

1- Wake up and get out to the barn. Sun, rain, snow, no matter, job to do;

2- Get out horses to the field;

3- Clean out their boxes, time for ammonia (and other nice odours) sniff; :nabble_smiley_wink:

4- Get back home and clean out myself;

5- Go to office, now it's time for the coffee.

the ranger f250 i just started reviving also has the larger three bolt base mirrors. this is the first set i have seen in person. the faded badges on the fenders used to say "camper special" and i figured they might have been part of that package in 1981. new fuel tank ready to go in as soon as i can get to it and rebuilding the carb is on the bench now. i still need to install some new fuel lines first but maybe monday it will have it running again. then i can see if it moves haha.