Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All kinds gary. It was registered in the offroad class but somehow landed that award.

Today, installed the new dash bought from LMC, and two new OEM front door armrests bought on eBay.

Armrests were quite easy.

About the dash, the final result is nice BUT the installation was a real and huge PAIN.

I'll post details about this new dash journey in a specific thread.

22F54DC3-FDE6-41EC-AF91-AD76245BACF0.jpeg.baa50f52b8ef01a0ad80f2e183ae489f.jpeg

9419D5FE-EC21-403F-9259-89B30FC96B38.jpeg.c2224942962e3084bbf80d63c26037db.jpeg

B77FADC7-3FA2-4791-BA2F-40F70A95107B.jpeg.c3dda7ac222e5cddc798c7b1440780e0.jpeg

50FD04AD-5950-4090-9599-CE3C8647B292.jpeg.3508e914d639f3b1d5b6850f3603376c.jpeg

Today, installed the new dash bought from LMC, and two new OEM front door armrests bought on eBay.

About the dash, the final result is nice BUT the installation was a real and huge PAIN.

Looking great!!!

Looks great sir!

I didn't do anything to Darth, but I drove the white Flex up to the local Ford dealer to have the Sync system updated. After about 2 hours (supposed to be about 1 to 1 1/2) the service manager came and got me and said the data was corrupted (don't know if it was mine or theirs) and the engineer at Ford was working on a solution and they were giving me a loaner

So basically I drove up there in a 2009 Flex and came home in a loaded 2022 Escape SEL.

Looks great sir!

I didn't do anything to Darth, but I drove the white Flex up to the local Ford dealer to have the Sync system updated. After about 2 hours (supposed to be about 1 to 1 1/2) the service manager came and got me and said the data was corrupted (don't know if it was mine or theirs) and the engineer at Ford was working on a solution and they were giving me a loaner

So basically I drove up there in a 2009 Flex and came home in a loaded 2022 Escape SEL.

Jeff - That does look good! :nabble_anim_claps:

Bill - So the data they wrote into the system was corrupted? And the software didn't notice the check-sum was wrong? That is scary!

Jeff - That does look good! :nabble_anim_claps:

Bill - So the data they wrote into the system was corrupted? And the software didn't notice the check-sum was wrong? That is scary!

I'm not sure whether it was what they wrote into mine or their software was corrupt. Service manager called me this afternoon just after I returned from Salisbury MD. The engineer at Ford was tied up most of the day in meetings, and their one tech who does these also had other work so she wanted to know if I needed the Flex back or was ok keeping the Escape. I told it it was fine as I understood the desire to have my vehicle there in case the Ford Engineer wants to try linking to it. I'm just glad I decided to use mine as the Guinea Pig in case there was an issue. BTW, it is basically a satellite dealership for them, the larger ones are up in Maryland on their part of the Eastern Shore.

On a side note, while I was getting my stuff out of the Flex, There was a Godzilla 7.3L on a stand, probably warranty as it had obviously been in use. I told her she could have one of the kits dropped in my garage (Engine, 10R100 transmission, computer and wiring harness) for Darth.

I'm not sure whether it was what they wrote into mine or their software was corrupt. Service manager called me this afternoon just after I returned from Salisbury MD. The engineer at Ford was tied up most of the day in meetings, and their one tech who does these also had other work so she wanted to know if I needed the Flex back or was ok keeping the Escape. I told it it was fine as I understood the desire to have my vehicle there in case the Ford Engineer wants to try linking to it. I'm just glad I decided to use mine as the Guinea Pig in case there was an issue. BTW, it is basically a satellite dealership for them, the larger ones are up in Maryland on their part of the Eastern Shore.

On a side note, while I was getting my stuff out of the Flex, There was a Godzilla 7.3L on a stand, probably warranty as it had obviously been in use. I told her she could have one of the kits dropped in my garage (Engine, 10R100 transmission, computer and wiring harness) for Darth.

Darth would turn into Beast! I'll bet you could figure out how to wire it up. :nabble_smiley_good:

Anyway, sounds like there's no hurry on getting the Flex sorted. It will be interesting to see how they do it.

Darth would turn into Beast! I'll bet you could figure out how to wire it up. :nabble_smiley_good:

Anyway, sounds like there's no hurry on getting the Flex sorted. It will be interesting to see how they do it.

I spoke with the tech today (he still has hair so it hasn't gotten to him too badly yet) The issue is the downloaded update or data is corrupt and it is giving him a server error. The engineer feels it is an issue on their end and right now we are in a holding pattern on the solution.