Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Today I removed the offending lump. Soon I will replace it with a better one. Can an oval fill the space left by All Major Corporations? I think so!

Offending lump is right! Those 360's were notorious - thirsty and w/o power. At least a 460 provides some power to go with its thirst.

Glad you have the "motive power" to pull that lump. I see it hiding to the right. And I'm sure a blue oval will fit nicely in there. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But that steering box is HUGE! :nabble_smiley_oh:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Offending lump is right! Those 360's were notorious - thirsty and w/o power. At least a 460 provides some power to go with its thirst.

Glad you have the "motive power" to pull that lump. I see it hiding to the right. And I'm sure a blue oval will fit nicely in there. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But that steering box is HUGE! :nabble_smiley_oh:

After putting 2000+ miles on my truck over the last few days, I am pleased to report that aside from reinstalling the hubcap that fell off in downtown Skiatook, there is absolutely nothing that needs doing on my truck.

my flareside is currently having just that issue. i know what it takes to fix but im swamped . the front tank just quit like a switch while an hour out of nashville pulling my box trailer. it just quit! i coasted to the side and checked coil connections etc. then thought , try the rear tank. it fired right up. i drove an hour and switched back to the front just to see and it ran an hour and quit. i switched and carried on . i have been doing this for a few weeks now to get the tank empty. almost there. yes, i have other trucks im driving. but a new pump is going in.

Well i replaced the remaining exhaust manifold bolts (lost 4 off one side and two off the other) on ol'blue's 460 with 2" 3/8-16 studs and a pretty set of soft copper exhaust manifold gaskets. Used stainless steel castle nuts with stainless steel jam nuts behind them.

Ol'blue will be carrying me to work in the morning. Fun fun.

Well i replaced the remaining exhaust manifold bolts (lost 4 off one side and two off the other) on ol'blue's 460 with 2" 3/8-16 studs and a pretty set of soft copper exhaust manifold gaskets. Used stainless steel castle nuts with stainless steel jam nuts behind them.

Ol'blue will be carrying me to work in the morning. Fun fun.

Matthew - that is a wonderful statement! To have nothing to do after 2k miles is excellent!

Bullnose1985 - That sounds like a lot of work, but it should work nicely. :nabble_anim_claps:

Matthew - that is a wonderful statement! To have nothing to do after 2k miles is excellent!

Bullnose1985 - That sounds like a lot of work, but it should work nicely. :nabble_anim_claps:

This weekend I pulled the core support out of my truck so I could finally install the passenger side frame box that comes on 3/4 and 1 ton 4x4's and some (if not all) Broncos. I still need to weld it for additional strength like the factory did, but it's at least bolted in where it needs to be.

Older picture from when I first removed it from the donor frame for a test fit.

DSCN2451.jpg.d8c55a2969b38462e84d37cece64ed30.jpg

This weekend I pulled the core support out of my truck so I could finally install the passenger side frame box that comes on 3/4 and 1 ton 4x4's and some (if not all) Broncos. I still need to weld it for additional strength like the factory did, but it's at least bolted in where it needs to be.

Older picture from when I first removed it from the donor frame for a test fit.

That's progress, Shaun. And, as Jim says, progress is GOOD! :nabble_smiley_good:

That box must really strengthen the front of the frame. I mean REALLY.

Fabulous

Out &

Return

Drive

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Lol, you said it! It really was a good drive...not only the 1700 miles there and back again, but also the additional 450 miles from my side trip up into Kansas. My only complaint was the bad roads in parts of Mississippi and Kansas...the squeaking and rattling just about drove me nuts! Not to mention I'm pretty sure that's why my hubcap lost the fight right at the end there.

Fabulous

Out &

Return

Drive

:nabble_smiley_wink:

Lol, you said it! It really was a good drive...not only the 1700 miles there and back again, but also the additional 450 miles from my side trip up into Kansas. My only complaint was the bad roads in parts of Mississippi and Kansas...the squeaking and rattling just about drove me nuts! Not to mention I'm pretty sure that's why my hubcap lost the fight right at the end there.

Do you still sport the old hubcap on the spare in the bed?