Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

c="20220618_164226.jpg" border="0"/>

Busy day, went for a cruise to check out the recently-last-week opened newly built covered bridge on a nice cool Saturday after some absolutely wild stormy weather this week. I also got around to finally building a cab light harness from scratch as I havent had time to hit up the junkyards for one, so I'll be adding them to my truck soon. I took the time to even add factory style plugs to the sockets, soldered everything and used glue heat shrink. If anyone is in need of a harness I was thinking about making/selling them since they don't seem to be readily available. The only thing I couldn't do was find a plug and since there are a couple styles I figured I'll manage to get power there when I get them on.

Jake - I agree that the PMGR starters are the way to go. Huge difference.

Angelo - Nice pics. And well done on the harness. I'm sure others would like them if you make them.

Jeff - That's a shame! Covered bridges are sooooo cool they should be preserved. When we lived in PA I drove across one daily to/from work and loved it.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

c="20220618_164226.jpg" border="0"/>

Busy day, went for a cruise to check out the recently-last-week opened newly built covered bridge on a nice cool Saturday after some absolutely wild stormy weather this week. I also got around to finally building a cab light harness from scratch as I havent had time to hit up the junkyards for one, so I'll be adding them to my truck soon. I took the time to even add factory style plugs to the sockets, soldered everything and used glue heat shrink. If anyone is in need of a harness I was thinking about making/selling them since they don't seem to be readily available. The only thing I couldn't do was find a plug and since there are a couple styles I figured I'll manage to get power there when I get them on.

Angelo, on the plugs, I have a pretty good assortment of Ford harness plugs so I may have what you need.

Angelo, on the plugs, I have a pretty good assortment of Ford harness plugs so I may have what you need.

I may take you up in that soon as I have a few more a couple friends want done. I ended up hard wiring it into the truck.

I did put the lights on today at the expense of denting my cowl and hood from crawling around in it. Ugh.

20220619_155647.jpg.4f2d9a9f7972ac727d36c0b6839a8b5e.jpg

I may take you up in that soon as I have a few more a couple friends want done. I ended up hard wiring it into the truck.

I did put the lights on today at the expense of denting my cowl and hood from crawling around in it. Ugh.

Shameless double post but I couldn't pass that photo opportunity up.

20220619_181337.jpg.46282f6fbd33277fd589916b09cc2e63.jpg

Hope everyone had a great Father's day.

Shameless double post but I couldn't pass that photo opportunity up.

Hope everyone had a great Father's day.

Now that is a GREAT photo.

A few years ago my wife and I had a kinda argument about covered bridges. She thought i was making them up to be funny. Then got annoyed at me for knowing about them.

Remember the covered bridge in “Homeward Bound” that was made for the movie and was in a local park here. It was taken down a year or two ago. A shame.

https://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/covered-bridge-in-shevlin-park-being-dismantled/article_85743ba5-1e69-5f16-9093-b1f137c4e4bc.html

Fun fact:

“ Most covered bridges in Oregon were built between 1905 and 1925. At its peak, there were an estimated 450 covered bridges, which by 1977, had dwindled to 56.[1] As of 2009, there were only 48 remaining.[2] Lane County has more covered bridges than any other county west of the Mississippi River.[3]”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_covered_bridges_in_Oregon

I have seen a fair few if them. And my wife still fumes!! 🤣 she is a good sport!

I should have been a civil engineer..

Now that is a GREAT photo.

A few years ago my wife and I had a kinda argument about covered bridges. She thought i was making them up to be funny. Then got annoyed at me for knowing about them.

Remember the covered bridge in “Homeward Bound” that was made for the movie and was in a local park here. It was taken down a year or two ago. A shame.

https://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/covered-bridge-in-shevlin-park-being-dismantled/article_85743ba5-1e69-5f16-9093-b1f137c4e4bc.html

Fun fact:

“ Most covered bridges in Oregon were built between 1905 and 1925. At its peak, there were an estimated 450 covered bridges, which by 1977, had dwindled to 56.[1] As of 2009, there were only 48 remaining.[2] Lane County has more covered bridges than any other county west of the Mississippi River.[3]”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_covered_bridges_in_Oregon

I have seen a fair few if them. And my wife still fumes!! 🤣 she is a good sport!

I should have been a civil engineer..

Neat pic, Angelo! Father and son - appropriate for Father's Day. :nabble_smiley_good:

Concerning covered bridges, the one I crossed daily in my Miata when we lived in PA and I worked in DE is shown below. Its the Ashland Covered Bridge and has been standing since 1860 according to that article.

If no one was coming it was fun to nail it in 2nd and listen to the little 4-banger wind as you went through the bridge. :nabble_smiley_evil:

35126573713_399ed53464_k-700x465.jpg.04aae4ab011a8d20cec919661acb8ea0.jpg

If no one was coming it was fun to nail it in 2nd and listen to the little 4-banger wind as you went through the bridge. :nabble_smiley_evil:

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n120287/35126573713_399ed53464_k-700x465.jpg

Hmmm, I wonder how Big Blue would sound? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

He would sound GOOD!

A few months ago we came up the Muskogee Turnpike and since I don’t have a Pike Pass in BB I had to stop and pay the toll. Took off with the window down and the sound was bouncing off the concrete barrier. Sounded sweet!

That's a shame! Covered bridges are sooooo cool they should be preserved.

Gary, I totally agree.

This 145' covered bridge was built in 1918.

The Government signage («restoration work for this heritage bridge») has about a year now. Phase one of works are supposed to begin next winter, to stabilize the bridge. Next phase supposed to be in 2023, in order to restore it.

Without pressure of the citizens, pretty sure the Ministry of Transportation would have decided to destroy it.

IMG_1509.jpg.b5045c09c7eef3bf8a3e98b9f3795025.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg.0dd3bb4e2e1afec2825d0bb4afd29b67.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg.40bfb80043bfc32708783cfc7b771460.jpg

That's a shame! Covered bridges are sooooo cool they should be preserved.

Gary, I totally agree.

This 145' covered bridge was built in 1918.

The Government signage («restoration work for this heritage bridge») has about a year now. Phase one of works are supposed to begin next winter, to stabilize the bridge. Next phase supposed to be in 2023, in order to restore it.

Without pressure of the citizens, pretty sure the Ministry of Transportation would have decided to destroy it.

I'm glad that the bridge wasn't destroyed and that eventually it will be rebuilt. :nabble_smiley_good: