Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

As I mentioned while back, my brother scored me a case of Baldwin filters for my truck. I finally changed the oil today:

I'm ashamed to admit it, but this is the first oil change since 2019; I last changed it right before leaving for Skiatook that September. That trip was good for 2,000 miles on the oil, but I've only just now put the next 2K (my oil change interval is 4K miles) on it, thanks to Covid. I need to get out more.

You do need to get out more - to Skiatook! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyway, good job on the oil & filter. Doesn't look like the size of mess I usually make.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You do need to get out more - to Skiatook! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Anyway, good job on the oil & filter. Doesn't look like the size of mess I usually make.

Wife and I cleaned out the shed and loaded the 86 for a dump run. Love the looks we get as Lloyd(the truck) rumbles past the guys in the sentry box.

Wife and I cleaned out the shed and loaded the 86 for a dump run. Love the looks we get as Lloyd(the truck) rumbles past the guys in the sentry box.

Yes, people notice when these trucks pull up. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I took Big Blue to the top of several 13,000' passes in Colorado recently and he go quite a few looks. And several thumbs-ups.

Yes, people notice when these trucks pull up. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I took Big Blue to the top of several 13,000' passes in Colorado recently and he go quite a few looks. And several thumbs-ups.

Today I fought my recently acquired steering column cover that goes between the instrument cluster bezel and the shift collar (automatic and column shift) or plastic cover (floor shift). I have no clue how you are supposed to install that piece, but I ended up having to drop the steering column just to get it to clear the instrument cluster bezel, and even then it was still a pain. :nabble_anim_crazy:

s-l1600_(3).jpg.9d99b8cdc6a9c74ad22aabc3c39376e2.jpg

Today I fought my recently acquired steering column cover that goes between the instrument cluster bezel and the shift collar (automatic and column shift) or plastic cover (floor shift). I have no clue how you are supposed to install that piece, but I ended up having to drop the steering column just to get it to clear the instrument cluster bezel, and even then it was still a pain. :nabble_anim_crazy:

I've been successful opening it up just far enough to slip it on. But that is scary as it seems like it'll break, but it hasn't so far.

What backup camera do you have?

And BigBro made it up the hill in the snow? Cool! :nabble_smiley_good:

Up to 4-5 inches of fresh snow, 4-L drive is unbeatable, a big tractor. You could get off the truck and it continues to move forward on idle. :nabble_smiley_evil:

This is the mirror/camera I installed. The wire length was enough for the run:

7AFDF2B5-23C2-408D-94E3-BFBA0A0C81F0.jpeg.c7fab287cd1f1cb6afda3c21a3dce70e.jpeg

EA2757A9-16B2-456C-B0E7-02241C91A4B3.jpeg.1431abdebd2ec6b4e9d0760e164e66ed.jpeg

532D4223-0E82-41C2-82E2-26A16A8916CE.jpeg.9accfa73fa999edad0aeaa8766801fac.jpeg

What backup camera do you have?

And BigBro made it up the hill in the snow? Cool! :nabble_smiley_good:

Up to 4-5 inches of fresh snow, 4-L drive is unbeatable, a big tractor. You could get off the truck and it continues to move forward on idle. :nabble_smiley_evil:

This is the mirror/camera I installed. The wire length was enough for the run:

Jeff - Thanks for the info on the mirror. You like it?

I've been looking for "the right" mirror/camera system for Big Blue, as outlined here. I'll take a look at yours and see if it might work. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, in 4L these trucks with a 460 will idle along about anywhere. Used BB to pull down a sign at church. Hooked him up, took out the slack, and then got out to watch the sign come down. The truck didn't need me. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But I haven't had it in snow, so didn't know how well it would go.

I've been successful opening it up just far enough to slip it on. But that is scary as it seems like it'll break, but it hasn't so far.

That's the only way to slip it over the column, but the problem I kept having was with the instrument cluster bezel. I originally tried to put it on without the instrument cluster bezel, but then there was no way to install the IC bezel without breaking it because it wouldn't fit over the cover. Then I installed the IC bezel and tried to install the column cover, but I couldn't get it to go into the opening in the IC bezel without scratching up the other column covers. So that's why I finally just dropped the column and put it on that way since it gave me a little more room to work with. I probably could have done it a better way, but I was NOT looking to break that IC bezel.

Jeff - Thanks for the info on the mirror. You like it?

I've been looking for "the right" mirror/camera system for Big Blue, as outlined here. I'll take a look at yours and see if it might work. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, in 4L these trucks with a 460 will idle along about anywhere. Used BB to pull down a sign at church. Hooked him up, took out the slack, and then got out to watch the sign come down. The truck didn't need me. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But I haven't had it in snow, so didn't know how well it would go.

Mirror: Big difference for me, when hooking a trailer: No more front-rear-front "multiple round trips", just in order to aline this long truck right on the ball.

I know I could hook 2-3 more cams on this system, but (for now) I am satisfied whit this HUGE improvement.

Snow: Without trailer, it can front up to 8-9" snow without trouble (good tires of course). More than that, it can tend to stall, as if swimming in soap. And BigBro is like his driver, swims as an iron. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Mirror: Big difference for me, when hooking a trailer: No more front-rear-front "multiple round trips", just in order to aline this long truck right on the ball.

I know I could hook 2-3 more cams on this system, but (for now) I am satisfied whit this HUGE improvement.

Snow: Without trailer, it can front up to 8-9" snow without trouble (good tires of course). More than that, it can tend to stall, as if swimming in soap. And BigBro is like his driver, swims as an iron. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Shaun - I hadn't thought about lowering the column. Not hard to do so I may try that. Thanks.

Jeff - Good to know about the snow. However, given that it has been into the 70's here recently I'm kinda doubting I'll get to test that info. :nabble_smiley_oh:

On the mirror, yours says it is 7", but I'm guessing that the monitor portion is 7" and the mirror itself is bigger. Right?

I've been looking at ones that say they are 12", and their monitors go out to the edge of the mirror. But I can't find one like yours that has multiple inputs and trigger wires. So I'm considering going with one like yours even though the monitor portion is smaller.

Can we take this to the Camera System For Big Blue thread? That way I'll be able to find the comments later when I'm looking for them.

I'd like to know more about your thoughts on your system, how many cameras it came with, if other cameras were offered, where you got it and for how much, etc. Could you reply there, please?