Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

What did I do to my truck today? Drove it! Our daughter and grandtwins went to see the other grandparents so we thought we'd just get out of the house and go some place different. So my wife Googled "historic bridges of Oklahoma" and we set out to find a few of them. Turns out there are four within a few miles of our home.

Here's Big Blue on one of larger bridges:

And, here he is on a one-lane bridge:

All in all, Big Blue did well. :nabble_smiley_good:

Neat! I love getting out in my truck and I love having a reason to drive it. I’d take mine to work every day if it wasn’t so far... glad you were able to have a memorable afternoon in Big Blue! 🙂

Neat! I love getting out in my truck and I love having a reason to drive it. I’d take mine to work every day if it wasn’t so far... glad you were able to have a memorable afternoon in Big Blue! 🙂

Jonathan, did you ever get any "real world" gas mileage figures, as the truck is now?

Jonathan, did you ever get any "real world" gas mileage figures, as the truck is now?

David, my last calculation was the one I made in February. Except for test runs around the block I have not had a chance to really drive it since then.

The February numbers were 17.16 mpg, not quite ideal conditions as described in my thread, but that’s “real world” most of the time 😉

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1981-straight-six-manual-4x4-project-td1312i220.html

David, my last calculation was the one I made in February. Except for test runs around the block I have not had a chance to really drive it since then.

The February numbers were 17.16 mpg, not quite ideal conditions as described in my thread, but that’s “real world” most of the time 😉

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1981-straight-six-manual-4x4-project-td1312i220.html

Well, the weather here in Saskatchewan has been pretty good for the last week and I've been pretty busy. Not a lot of time to check in here lately.

#1 son has an 86 Bronco that he likes to get muddy in. This truck has been in the back lineup for the last two years, but we got it going and on the road. He sure enjoys his beat up Bullnose Bronco.

I'm on a few non bullnose projects. I have a 95 F250SD 4X4 that needs new fuel tanks and a replacement for a very rusty box. Going to need this truck for some landscaping and construction this year. I have another one, (A 97 F250SD 4X4 5.8 E4OD) that needs a transmission transplant. This one goes to #2 son to haul his fifth wheel camper. Lastly, my trusty old 2003 Ranger finally let go last winter, but I have a low mileage engine and transmission waiting to go in Again, #2 son needs this truck for work next week. #1 son is driving my 98 F150 4X4 and I'm driving an old Chevy. Something has to be done about this! I resurrected a somewhat decent 89 F150 that has been sitting for about 10 years. Bigger project than I thought it would be, but it is nearly complete.

Oh yeah, this is a bullnose page and I did some planning and parts collection for the Frankentruck. I need to deal with the new style doors and their cable actuated door handles, so I salvaged a good set of rod type linkages and latches from a beat up old set of doors I had lying around. Shells got donated to the scrap metal pile and I'll post up some details on this conversion in my Frankentruck project page soon.

Well, the weather here in Saskatchewan has been pretty good for the last week and I've been pretty busy. Not a lot of time to check in here lately.

#1 son has an 86 Bronco that he likes to get muddy in. This truck has been in the back lineup for the last two years, but we got it going and on the road. He sure enjoys his beat up Bullnose Bronco.

I'm on a few non bullnose projects. I have a 95 F250SD 4X4 that needs new fuel tanks and a replacement for a very rusty box. Going to need this truck for some landscaping and construction this year. I have another one, (A 97 F250SD 4X4 5.8 E4OD) that needs a transmission transplant. This one goes to #2 son to haul his fifth wheel camper. Lastly, my trusty old 2003 Ranger finally let go last winter, but I have a low mileage engine and transmission waiting to go in Again, #2 son needs this truck for work next week. #1 son is driving my 98 F150 4X4 and I'm driving an old Chevy. Something has to be done about this! I resurrected a somewhat decent 89 F150 that has been sitting for about 10 years. Bigger project than I thought it would be, but it is nearly complete.

Oh yeah, this is a bullnose page and I did some planning and parts collection for the Frankentruck. I need to deal with the new style doors and their cable actuated door handles, so I salvaged a good set of rod type linkages and latches from a beat up old set of doors I had lying around. Shells got donated to the scrap metal pile and I'll post up some details on this conversion in my Frankentruck project page soon.

No wonder that you've been AWOL! You've been busy. Post some pics?

No wonder that you've been AWOL! You've been busy. Post some pics?

Finally had some time to install the side air deflectors Jim brought me of the 1995 F450. Since it was an Aeronose and I have the 1990 front end on Darth there were two issues. First, no holes in the core support for the core support for the clips and second they were too wide front to back as the Aeronose grille apparently is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches further away from the core support.

Right side

DSCN2761.thumb.jpg.930f79fbfbe80bea5fc30dc5fdae6d0e.jpg

DSCN2762.thumb.jpg.38ff8124ddc236cb75ebd88726da5773.jpg

Finally had some time to install the side air deflectors Jim brought me of the 1995 F450. Since it was an Aeronose and I have the 1990 front end on Darth there were two issues. First, no holes in the core support for the core support for the clips and second they were too wide front to back as the Aeronose grille apparently is about 1 to 1 1/2 inches further away from the core support.

Right side

Left side

Those are to channel air to the radiator, oil cooler, etc? Looks like you got them in after a bit of trimming.

Those are to channel air to the radiator, oil cooler, etc? Looks like you got them in after a bit of trimming.

Exactly, they along with the lower and small upper piece that seals the top of the core support to the radiator are to funnel air through the center and help keep the hot air from bleeding over to the air inlet in traffic and sitting with the engine running.

Exactly, they along with the lower and small upper piece that seals the top of the core support to the radiator are to funnel air through the center and help keep the hot air from bleeding over to the air inlet in traffic and sitting with the engine running.

Can you post pics of the upper and lower pieces? Or, have you already? If so, and I think you have, can you point me to them? I'll need to think about that with Big Blue when I EFI him.

Can you post pics of the upper and lower pieces? Or, have you already? If so, and I think you have, can you point me to them? I'll need to think about that with Big Blue when I EFI him.

Not to the truck but for the truck.

My brother in CA sent me another care package with more flare side parts.

Got the 2 steps, 1 got crunched by the fork lift it looks like, and all the brackets and fender opening support brackets.

I also got the rear fender opening support brackets too.

He sent the 2 tail lights, 1 housing is cracked, both lenses and 1 side leans are gone.

The big thing is they came with brackets to bolt to the bed!

He also sent all the bolts & nuts needed for the parts sent.

Now I need to get in gear and finish the body work and get paint on this truck!

Dave ----