Bullnose Forum

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

The booster needs replacing. It has had a vacuum leak ever since it was put on my previous truck in 2005. I picked it up at a salvage yard to replace a booster that did not work at all. I got this truck eleven years ago and moved the booster, master cylinder, and rotors and calipers to this truck. I have heard boosters with much larger vacuum leaks than this one. It has not got any worse but it is on my to-do list and when I do replace it I plan on getting a one ton booster. I also replaced the brake lines between the master cylinder and the combination valve as well due to both lines cracking when I attempted to remove them.

Should have done this after I fixed the AC this past Summer, but installed a heater control bypass valve. Thanks Scott!!!

Heater_Control_Bypass4.thumb.jpg.2baaf49db55ebad4640a2a1e09341260.jpg

Heater_Control_Bypass1.thumb.jpg.6f772b57913283f4ffd0ad986e701539.jpg

Yes, it looks good. And no one but a guru would know it isn't stock. :nabble_smiley_good:

You know that's the way I like it to be. One of the reasons I spent tons of time studying Scott's truck at the show. I stole this from him....LOL! Next mod, PMGR starter!

The only thing anyone will ever note about the PMGR starter is the starter cable on the front post of the relay and the smaller wire on the back post. But they'll be eyeballing the 3G alternator and lack of regulator on the fender long before they spot the wiring change. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The only thing anyone will ever note about the PMGR starter is the starter cable on the front post of the relay and the smaller wire on the back post. But they'll be eyeballing the 3G alternator and lack of regulator on the fender long before they spot the wiring change. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I put Eunice to work today. A friend needed some wood cleared, I was running low on wood… i need to make 3 more trips!

DBCC7EBE-D6E5-4B51-8660-B14ABEE70773.jpeg.8627338d18ee9e3c6fd3e457c62c57f6.jpeg

Eunice looks like she’s taking it in stride. πŸ‘

I got home from work early for a change so I spent some time in the garage.

A member is swapping fuel tanks from to rear and I went through my extra parts for things he might be able to use.

That same member gave me his spare tire and parts to hold it up under the truck a month or more so it was time to clean it up so I can paint it and get it on the truck.

I hit the parts with a wire brush, chased the threads as needed and sprayed the parts with acid to kill the rust.

In a few days I hope to get paint on them.

​​​​​​​Dave ----

I got home from work early for a change so I spent some time in the garage.

A member is swapping fuel tanks from to rear and I went through my extra parts for things he might be able to use.

That same member gave me his spare tire and parts to hold it up under the truck a month or more so it was time to clean it up so I can paint it and get it on the truck.

I hit the parts with a wire brush, chased the threads as needed and sprayed the parts with acid to kill the rust.

In a few days I hope to get paint on them.

​​​​​​​Dave ----

Sounds like the community is functioning well - sharing. :nabble_anim_claps: