Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I guess I have a hard time understanding how the truck can flood (key off)

I can definitely understand your frustration.

Thats what I'm saying. The only thing I can think of is with the regulator hooked up the pressure is so low that instead of spraying they just leak super wet and not atomized enough to fire.

Went ahead and ordered the Warn premiums, an 8-17 ship date made me think I’d better get going.

Now it’s a 9-13 arrival date. Must be a hot commodity!

Bummer!

Well I changed my pressure regulator and coolant temp sensor today. Dried the plugs off, still have spark but its kind of weak. Got it all back together, still no fire, still flooding out.

Next step is check the MAP and fuel pressure, and replace the cap and possibly the distributor since I broke one cap bolt already. Hoping maybe it's just such a weak spark it's not popping off but I'm not sure.

Still can't get the thing to fire up. Bit aggravating.

Well I changed my pressure regulator and coolant temp sensor today. Dried the plugs off, still have spark but its kind of weak. Got it all back together, still no fire, still flooding out.

Next step is check the MAP and fuel pressure, and replace the cap and possibly the distributor since I broke one cap bolt already. Hoping maybe it's just such a weak spark it's not popping off but I'm not sure.

Still can't get the thing to fire up. Bit aggravating.

Finally finished removing all the rust and salt from the steering knuckles, spindles, and axle shafts on my D60. Everything was treated to new paint, and anti-seize where applicable so I don't have to fight it again like I did when I first tore it down. :nabble_smiley_argh:

I managed to get her back on all four wheels by the end of the night. One more layer of the onion peeled while I wait for an opening at the machine shop. :nabble_anim_crazy:

234836295_10219951300547978_4274440442410540130_n.thumb.jpg.d584383392865b39b54e8d3a14878306.jpg

235104959_10219951299907962_7506151676385719990_n.thumb.jpg.3a456bb18a00936e541029a8398974da.jpg

Finally finished removing all the rust and salt from the steering knuckles, spindles, and axle shafts on my D60. Everything was treated to new paint, and anti-seize where applicable so I don't have to fight it again like I did when I first tore it down. :nabble_smiley_argh:

I managed to get her back on all four wheels by the end of the night. One more layer of the onion peeled while I wait for an opening at the machine shop. :nabble_anim_crazy:

That looks really good Shaun! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Your youth and enthusiasm never fails to impress.

Now, about those rotors.....

:nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

l like!!! Short guy like me would need a step ladder to get in and a platform type latter to work in the engine bay.

Angelo - Maybe it really is a spark issue? No or little spark and drizzling injectors could certainly wet the plugs. Good luck!

Shaun - Looking good! I like seeing those rotors, even if they are rusted. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Angelo - Maybe it really is a spark issue? No or little spark and drizzling injectors could certainly wet the plugs. Good luck!

Shaun - Looking good! I like seeing those rotors, even if they are rusted. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I was busy this weekend, all with straight forward progress! Got a new transmission pan on, transmission cooler, and gauge installed. Also got my AC all hooked up and evacuated. Left it last night with the gauges hooked up and it's holding a vacuum. Today I hope to charge it.

I was very pleased at how the trans cooler mounted up. In fact, I was able to use two of the radiator support bracket bolts on the left side of the unit and did not have to drill anything. I made a transmission line out of NICOP to run to my trans cooler and flared the ends. This stuff is great for making every kind of line. I also painted my radiator support bracket and dusted the support. The paint I used is an exact match to the factory Ford color. Great weekend!

Radiator_Support.thumb.jpg.60df22a117a315d29842ab35057913aa.jpgRadiator_Support_2.thumb.jpg.3caa5d7b5ce65f9404638f11fbed5f2d.jpgRadiator_Support_Paint_1.jpg.32a54405ee2c44602b655f02d87fe0a1.jpg