Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Well, I replaced the headlamp switch and pigtail this afternoon....

Still no joy. 😖

I've got power at the fuse but not at the tan/white wire of the plug (back probing)

Soooo, I guess I have to tear the whole dash out to unwrap the harness from the fuse panel to the pigtail.

So much for work tomorrow.

I'm not putting it back together now, just to do it again.

That’s a bummer, Jim! Sounds like a lot of work. Sorry, but hope it is easier than I think it will be.

That’s a bummer, Jim! Sounds like a lot of work. Sorry, but hope it is easier than I think it will be.

I'm REALLY tempted to run a jumper from the tan/white behind the fuse panel back to the pigtail, since the 15A fuse seems to hold and wasn't blown.

But I can't be sure that the wire is only open...

I may just hit it with the powerprobe and see if it resolves my problem without making a new one.

I'm REALLY tempted to run a jumper from the tan/white behind the fuse panel back to the pigtail, since the 15A fuse seems to hold and wasn't blown.

But I can't be sure that the wire is only open...

I may just hit it with the powerprobe and see if it resolves my problem without making a new one.

I was wondering about that. Might work fine.

Interesting! Thanks for the replies.

Now I’m looking at Warn premium hubs…

I like the Warn Premiums. They are expensive, and other people have said they aren't worth the additional cost. But I think they are.

Milemarker I think are often suggested as a better value. My only experience with Milemarkers is that there was a set on my truck when I bought it. One of those was a pretty sloppy-loose fit that allowed stuff to get into the hub. I don't know what was up with that, whether it should reflect poorly on Milemarker or not. But I replaced them with Warn Standards.

What I liked about the Warn Standards was the price and the ease of operation (they turn easier than the Premiums and have a bigger handle to grab). What I didn't like was that they are spring-loaded to the "lock" position and held in the "free" position by a pretty light detent. One of mine (I think the passenger side) would pop out of "free" and go to "lock" on it's own pretty frequently. So I replaced them with Warn Premiums (which I also have on my Bronco).

As I hinted, the Premiums are a little difficult to turn. That's a significant issue in the winter when I have to take my gloves off to turn them, but otherwise it's not bad. And they work. I've dropped my Bronco so it landed on one of the hubs on a rock. It's pretty dented, but didn't crack and it still works. I think they look good too, although the plating is flaking off the ones on my pickup.

Interesting! Thanks for the replies.

Now I’m looking at Warn premium hubs…

I like the Warn Premiums. They are expensive, and other people have said they aren't worth the additional cost. But I think they are.

Milemarker I think are often suggested as a better value. My only experience with Milemarkers is that there was a set on my truck when I bought it. One of those was a pretty sloppy-loose fit that allowed stuff to get into the hub. I don't know what was up with that, whether it should reflect poorly on Milemarker or not. But I replaced them with Warn Standards.

What I liked about the Warn Standards was the price and the ease of operation (they turn easier than the Premiums and have a bigger handle to grab). What I didn't like was that they are spring-loaded to the "lock" position and held in the "free" position by a pretty light detent. One of mine (I think the passenger side) would pop out of "free" and go to "lock" on it's own pretty frequently. So I replaced them with Warn Premiums (which I also have on my Bronco).

As I hinted, the Premiums are a little difficult to turn. That's a significant issue in the winter when I have to take my gloves off to turn them, but otherwise it's not bad. And they work. I've dropped my Bronco so it landed on one of the hubs on a rock. It's pretty dented, but didn't crack and it still works. I think they look good too, although the plating is flaking off the ones on my pickup.

I had Mile Markers on Rusty and didn't like them. The screws seized in them, which might of been a problem that was caused at installation. But they were hard to turn as they didn't turn very far.

The Warn Premiums turn almost a full turn and are very positive. Not easy to turn, but they aren't going to turn by themselves. I'm pleased with them.

I had Mile Markers on Rusty and didn't like them. The screws seized in them, which might of been a problem that was caused at installation. But they were hard to turn as they didn't turn very far.

The Warn Premiums turn almost a full turn and are very positive. Not easy to turn, but they aren't going to turn by themselves. I'm pleased with them.

I'll third for Warn Premium. :nabble_smiley_good:

When my stock hubs became useless I replaced them with Superwinch hubs.

About five years ago I noticed that the passenger side kept locking itself.

I upgraded to the Warn Premiums and can only agree with Bob & Gary.

They are stiff but rock solid.

High quality, and service parts are only a click or phone call away.

Excellent customer service and shipped right away.

I'll third for Warn Premium. :nabble_smiley_good:

When my stock hubs became useless I replaced them with Superwinch hubs.

About five years ago I noticed that the passenger side kept locking itself.

I upgraded to the Warn Premiums and can only agree with Bob & Gary.

They are stiff but rock solid.

High quality, and service parts are only a click or phone call away.

Excellent customer service and shipped right away.

Thanks gents, I was actually looking at Mile Markers, and reading up on them.

About like anything I guess, some like them , some don’t. I appreciate everyone’s input. What happened to Randy has me concerned.

The stainless steel MM’s look good, but I also like the look of the Warn premiums.

I’ve got a John Deere riding mower now, because I’ve always wanted one, because they impressed me.

And I’ve always thought about getting the Warn premiums also. Something I’ll have to get done before winter.

Thanks gents, I was actually looking at Mile Markers, and reading up on them.

About like anything I guess, some like them , some don’t. I appreciate everyone’s input. What happened to Randy has me concerned.

The stainless steel MM’s look good, but I also like the look of the Warn premiums.

I’ve got a John Deere riding mower now, because I’ve always wanted one, because they impressed me.

And I’ve always thought about getting the Warn premiums also. Something I’ll have to get done before winter.

I have the Warn Premiums on my F150 and Bronco. They were so stiff at first and I got annoyed the first time I used them on my F150. I had to use channel locks to turn them and ended up scuffing them. The issue is the indents to get your fingers in are very small and when it is cold/icy out trying to get fat fingers in them is an issue.

This seems to be common when they are new, to the extent that people make tools to help with this:

https://www.4wd.com/p/rp-4wd-parts-the-hubber-482237/_/R-RP4WD-482237

After a couple of seasons they have eased up and I never have an issue engaging them anymore and I never had to buy the tool.