Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Well, it really wasn't my truck, but it was an F150. A friend from church brought his '93 w/a 5.0L over and we changed out the oil pressure sending unit - again. The last time, a couple of years ago, he asked if I could help him figure out why oil was going everywhere. I said "Sure, bring it over" we put it on the lift and discovered the sending unit was leaking - badly.

This time he said he loses oil pressure on the gauge, but it is still full of oil and makes no noise. So, I had him buy a new sender and we swapped it out. Problem fixed - for now. He's buying cheap senders and it is likely to come back to bite us again. Luckily it is an easy fix.

And, I got the Prodigy P3 trailer brake controller in from Amazon today, so will probably install it tomorrow and/or Thursday. Just want to have brakes for the trailer when I take Dad's truck to the show and/or GTG. I'll write up the install in Big Blue's thread when I do it, but needed something to write about on my truck to kick off this thread. :nabble_anim_working:

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you begin a new thread?

On my truck, I slightly retarded the timing as I had detected some pre-ignition under a load. I will test it on my drive home, today.

To start a new thread (topic in Nabble-speak) click on the New Topic button that is highlighted in yellow.

And, fyi, if you want to give someone a link to a post, you have to get the permalink instead of the URL in the browser's window. Click the Permalink button, circled in red, and copy what pops up.

As for your truck's timing, what are you back to? And, have you seen your sub-forum to document your Gas Mileage Recipe? (Link done via Permalink.)

New_Topic_and_Permalink.jpg.5493bd76cfd2be61f6306a7255de28a0.jpg

To start a new thread (topic in Nabble-speak) click on the New Topic button that is highlighted in yellow.

And, fyi, if you want to give someone a link to a post, you have to get the permalink instead of the URL in the browser's window. Click the Permalink button, circled in red, and copy what pops up.

As for your truck's timing, what are you back to? And, have you seen your sub-forum to document your Gas Mileage Recipe? (Link done via Permalink.)

I've done nothing to, or even with, the truck yet today - but I'm gonna. Some people new to our church family are moving in today, so Big Blue and I are headed over to help. Will check in later today. But, I also have to mow and trim, and I'd better clean the gutter that always seems to clog as we are to get 5-7" of rain in the next 3 days. :nabble_smiley_scared:

So, this here forum will have to wait a bit. But, I hope by the time I get back Jim and Mike have joined. :nabble_anim_jump:

I've done nothing to, or even with, the truck yet today - but I'm gonna. Some people new to our church family are moving in today, so Big Blue and I are headed over to help. Will check in later today. But, I also have to mow and trim, and I'd better clean the gutter that always seems to clog as we are to get 5-7" of rain in the next 3 days. :nabble_smiley_scared:

So, this here forum will have to wait a bit. But, I hope by the time I get back Jim and Mike have joined. :nabble_anim_jump:

Didn't quite get to "use" Big Blue in the unloading today, but I did drive him over there. He's fun to drive! :nabble_smiley_super:

Out with the 2wd T18 crossmember and transmission, in with the 4x4 crossmember and diesel ratio T19. Hot, muggy, and so many clouds of mosquitoes under the truck that the air was vibrating. But the show must go on. I'm a little disappointed at the lack of progress this summer.

IMG_5130.jpg.33919fe524ccea63e1c57940ff5a0af9.jpg

IMG_5156.jpg.ab234d556cc8481fa49f0ca5e77d67b1.jpg

IMG_5157.jpg.d45a92f3c18378e3fc623236e773d4a4.jpg

Sadly the shift lever ends are NOT the same. I was hoping to use the old style shift lever with the classic curve and threaded shift knob. But the T19 has a much shorter end.

I also found out the hard way that the T19 floor plan has a bigger hole in it and a much larger boot than the T18/NP435. Luckily I still have mine, it's in the diesel. But the crew cab is currently a storage shed. I did not have time to empty it, take up the carpet and extract the right floor pan. Dang details!

Out with the 2wd T18 crossmember and transmission, in with the 4x4 crossmember and diesel ratio T19. Hot, muggy, and so many clouds of mosquitoes under the truck that the air was vibrating. But the show must go on. I'm a little disappointed at the lack of progress this summer.

Sadly the shift lever ends are NOT the same. I was hoping to use the old style shift lever with the classic curve and threaded shift knob. But the T19 has a much shorter end.

I also found out the hard way that the T19 floor plan has a bigger hole in it and a much larger boot than the T18/NP435. Luckily I still have mine, it's in the diesel. But the crew cab is currently a storage shed. I did not have time to empty it, take up the carpet and extract the right floor pan. Dang details!

Well, Jim is wont to say "Progress is good", and I agree with him. But that tranny looks strange. I don't think my T19 looks like that. What's the difference?

Well, Jim is wont to say "Progress is good", and I agree with him. But that tranny looks strange. I don't think my T19 looks like that. What's the difference?

The T19 looks normal to me, just like others I've seen in the junkyard. The T18 is odd to me, with the long tail housing. It has the slip spline in the tail housing and a single piece drive shaft.

The T19 looks normal to me, just like others I've seen in the junkyard. The T18 is odd to me, with the long tail housing. It has the slip spline in the tail housing and a single piece drive shaft.

Hmmm. I'll have to look Big Blue over tomorrow to see what his T19 looks like. I'm hoping to get the brake controller wired up, so can take a look.