Bullnose Forums

What did I just see....

Danny G

That's cool!

But with EFI there's no reason that it has to get poor MPG. With the right MAP sensor it could be tuned to have 14.7 AFR when there's no boost and then start to enrichen things as the boost comes on.

Soooo what your saying is if you built out a 300 and slapped an aftermarket EFI system on it like a FiTech or Holly sniper etc you could tune it to ramp up fuel delivery only when needed thus saving some MPGs, but allowing you to be silly when you wanted to.

Maybe. Depends on if the EFI system supports boost. If it does you could have your cake and eat it too.

Turbo 4.9 Maverick is a classic youtube video. I watched that video way back when I first got into bullnoses.

The big reason Id like to do a chassis swap, is for more modern handling and road tracking.

I guess I could always look for a 117" late model ford truck chassis, and put the 300 in it. Instead of doing a tahoe and ls swap.

Turbo 4.9 Maverick is a classic youtube video. I watched that video way back when I first got into bullnoses.

The big reason Id like to do a chassis swap, is for more modern handling and road tracking.

I guess I could always look for a 117" late model ford truck chassis, and put the 300 in it. Instead of doing a tahoe and ls swap.

I've always liked inline sixes. 😃

Whether the Dodge slant six, gold head Jaguars, kitted BMW's, or even the venerable Mercedes diesels, perfect primary balance goes a long way toward a lasting engine.

And of course there's always the Frenchtown Flyer.... or those Aussies pumping out over 1000hp!

Maybe. Depends on if the EFI system supports boost. If it does you could have your cake and eat it too.

FiTech is already programmed to run boost you just need to buy their add on fuel pump system.

Not all the Fitechs are boost capable. I was looking at the 2 barrel Fitech for the 300, its not boost ready. Although, you could build a draw through with it maybe?? Maybe not.

I'm happy with how my truck handles for the most part, but I'd love to have rack and pinion steering. If somebody comes out with a kit for that I'd be on it. I know the Crown Vic chassis is a common swap for us 2wd guys, but that's WAY more work than I want to get into for this truck.