Bullnose Forums

Ok, now I need some carb tuning advice (Holley 4160 600CFM)

Rembrant

In any event, you've turned the corner on the problems. Hope you get to take it out this winter to test it out.

So I got the old Bull out for a Christmas Day shakedown run! It was -3C out..or about 26F, but the roads were nice and dry. I made one final little tweak of the idle mix screws, and it's running MUCH better now! The big difference is between 1500-2000 RPM where it never really ran well previously. I can now cruise along at 1500 RPM in 4th gear and accelerate smoothly to 2000, which was never the case before. The AFR seems to be really good as well. Cruising along at light throttle at 2000 RPM, the gauge is reading 14.5-14.7 pretty consistently. I'm a happy guy today. Merry Christmas guys, and thank for all the assistance in getting the old Bull running better;).

Congrat’s!!! Yes, another layer of the onion. Time for a celebration and then turn to another aspect of the truck?

And Merry Christmas!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for a celebration and then turn to another aspect of the truck?

Gary, yes on to other tasks...

Right now I'm painting the metal bars of my new-to-me sliding rear window! Going with semi-gloss black in hopes that it looks as close to original as possible. I'm between coats right now, but if all goes well I'll try to get the SRW all reassembled tomorrow. I painted some test pieces and the semi-gloss seems to look pretty good. Not too bright, and not too dull.

Time for a celebration and then turn to another aspect of the truck?

Gary, yes on to other tasks...

Right now I'm painting the metal bars of my new-to-me sliding rear window! Going with semi-gloss black in hopes that it looks as close to original as possible. I'm between coats right now, but if all goes well I'll try to get the SRW all reassembled tomorrow. I painted some test pieces and the semi-gloss seems to look pretty good. Not too bright, and not too dull.

What did you decide on tinting?

What did you decide on tinting?

Well, for the time being I've decided to leave it as it is Gary. For 2020, I might just grab one of those cheap retractable shades that I can pull down when it's bothersome. I might check and see what tint is available off the shelf locally, but that won't be until Friday as everything will be closed until then.

I probably won't install the window until the spring anyway, so I have lots of time to change my mind (and I do that, a lot...lol).