Bullnose Forums

Ok, now I need some carb tuning advice (Holley 4160 600CFM)

Rembrant

Stick it on the intake before you drop it on, it will not be too difficult to guide it over the pump nipple. Be glad it's not an FE or 385 series, those can be a real PITA to install, even with an aluminum intake.

On a 385 the hose isn't too hard to get into place if you cut it the right length to begin with.

Getting those clamps on though is a royal pain!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick and possibly dumb question...

My gaskets are supposed to be here today so if all goes well I'll be reinstalling my intake manifold. I left the thermostat housing bolted to it since it is well sealed and working fine.

Can the short coolant bypass hose be installed with the thermostat housing in place? Or do you usually have to remove the thermostat housing for this? It's a pretty tight little bend on the 302...

Alright, new gaskets are installed, intake is on, and RTV is drying. I went over the darn thing 20 times, and cleaned and cleaned, and wiped multiple times with solvent, etc. Torqued everything in the correct sequence, in stages, with another 2 ft/lbs to go tomorrow when it's all dried in place. I found some Edelbrock instructions that said to torque to 18-20 ft/lbs. Does that sound right to you guys?

I sure hope the darn thing doesn't leak.:nabble_smiley_argh:

And my pretty blue paint is starting to peel off already. I guess the engine can't stay new looking forever.:nabble_smiley_cry:

IMG_9201.jpg.57bed7d83447105ec8168a2e525cb9dd.jpg

I'll get the carb on and all fuel and vacuum lines connected this weekend, as well as fill up the coolant system again.

Otherwise the whole thing will be on pause while I wait to get my distributor back.

Alright, new gaskets are installed, intake is on, and RTV is drying. I went over the darn thing 20 times, and cleaned and cleaned, and wiped multiple times with solvent, etc. Torqued everything in the correct sequence, in stages, with another 2 ft/lbs to go tomorrow when it's all dried in place. I found some Edelbrock instructions that said to torque to 18-20 ft/lbs. Does that sound right to you guys?

And my pretty blue paint is starting to peel off already. I guess the engine can't stay new looking forever.:nabble_smiley_cry:

I'll get the carb on and all fuel and vacuum lines connected this weekend, as well as fill up the coolant system again.

Otherwise the whole thing will be on pause while I wait to get my distributor back.

PS: I picked up four 5" long bolts today for installation guides and they worked perfectly. Thank you for the tips.

IMG_9199.jpg.513c2cc50d49190ff4d22942e83c453f.jpg

Edelbrock knows their product best.

That's why they specify one particular gasket set.

... You don't want to know what happens if you use a turkey pan with an aluminum intake!

Your engine looks great (it just doesn't look AS great as it did a year ago when the body was shabby)

Edelbrock knows their product best.

That's why they specify one particular gasket set.

... You don't want to know what happens if you use a turkey pan with an aluminum intake!

Your engine looks great (it just doesn't look AS great as it did a year ago when the body was shabby)

Alright. I'm all buttoned back up now. Just have to fill the coolant, and wait for my distributor to get back...which will be a little while since it hasn't even arrived there yet.

IMG_9207.jpg.e78a7f452d54d14cf3ff4be525161d09.jpg

I picked up some Ford dark blue engine paint and touched up my bad spots...and ended up painting the whole front of the cylinder head...lol. The color doesn't match, so I'm thinking the engine shop painted this thing GM blue?...lol. I dunno. It's lighter than the dark blue, and darker than the light blue. Was there a 3rd Ford blue color?

(And yes, I know the engines were grey by this time, but I wanted it to be blue.)

Alright. I'm all buttoned back up now. Just have to fill the coolant, and wait for my distributor to get back...which will be a little while since it hasn't even arrived there yet.

I picked up some Ford dark blue engine paint and touched up my bad spots...and ended up painting the whole front of the cylinder head...lol. The color doesn't match, so I'm thinking the engine shop painted this thing GM blue?...lol. I dunno. It's lighter than the dark blue, and darker than the light blue. Was there a 3rd Ford blue color?

(And yes, I know the engines were grey by this time, but I wanted it to be blue.)

Looks nice! :nabble_smiley_cool:

Yes, it is looking good, in spite of the slightly different blues.

I don't think there were three blues. But I do think that different companies have slightly different colors for the same paint.