Bullnose Forums

78 FLARESIDE

First, that's an M-block, so is either a 351M or 400. And assuming that it is in the shape it shows to be from the pics, I'd sure want to know what he's done/had done to the engine. If it has been rebuilt what parts are in it, was it bored, etc. Or did he just paint it?

A "rebuilt engine" is always a pig in a poke. You never know if the guy is telling the truth, or all of the truth. A well-built engine could up the value of the truck by several thousands of dollars. But one that has had a poor job done on it is a waste of money. Take Big Blue's "rebuilt 460" as an example - worn out and leaking from every gasket.

My advice on a vehicle that cannot be driven, as that one appears to be, is to assume there are many, MANY problems to be found. And that advice comes from many painful/expensive experiences - I learn slowly. So I'd say the price is way, WAY too high.

First, that's an M-block, so is either a 351M or 400. And assuming that it is in the shape it shows to be from the pics, I'd sure want to know what he's done/had done to the engine. If it has been rebuilt what parts are in it, was it bored, etc. Or did he just paint it?

A "rebuilt engine" is always a pig in a poke. You never know if the guy is telling the truth, or all of the truth. A well-built engine could up the value of the truck by several thousands of dollars. But one that has had a poor job done on it is a waste of money. Take Big Blue's "rebuilt 460" as an example - worn out and leaking from every gasket.

My advice on a vehicle that cannot be driven, as that one appears to be, is to assume there are many, MANY problems to be found. And that advice comes from many painful/expensive experiences - I learn slowly. So I'd say the price is way, WAY too high.

Thanks for the advice Gary!!

Well put Gary. I’m always surprised at what people want for something that doesn’t run, or has had a lot of work done and think they should get what they spent. Or they just think it’s golden!

Like this,

https://medford.craigslist.org/cto/d/medford-1996-ford-bronco/7006393802.html

Well put Gary. I’m always surprised at what people want for something that doesn’t run, or has had a lot of work done and think they should get what they spent. Or they just think it’s golden!

Like this,

https://medford.craigslist.org/cto/d/medford-1996-ford-bronco/7006393802.html

Even when fully complete a project vehicle tends to bring about 1/2 of what it cost to create it. I've seen this time after time. But when incomplete, and especially when you can't drive it to ascertain what problems it has, you have to assume that it is fraught with problems.

My guideline has become that a vehicle which isn't running is only worth the cost of a few of its parts that you need. And even then you must assume that those parts need rebuilt.

The only exception to this is if you are buying something from someone that you know is reputable. Or if the vehicle has sentimental value to you.

Even when fully complete a project vehicle tends to bring about 1/2 of what it cost to create it. I've seen this time after time. But when incomplete, and especially when you can't drive it to ascertain what problems it has, you have to assume that it is fraught with problems.

My guideline has become that a vehicle which isn't running is only worth the cost of a few of its parts that you need. And even then you must assume that those parts need rebuilt.

The only exception to this is if you are buying something from someone that you know is reputable. Or if the vehicle has sentimental value to you.

Don't let Reamer see that tailgate laying on the bumper...lol.

There's something up with those tailgate chains...looks like they were relocated lower for some reason.

And, the molding/trim on the cab...did Ford do that on the Flareside trucks back then? Because they didn't in the Bullnose era.

Don't let Reamer see that tailgate laying on the bumper...lol.

There's something up with those tailgate chains...looks like they were relocated lower for some reason.

And, the molding/trim on the cab...did Ford do that on the Flareside trucks back then? Because they didn't in the Bullnose era.

Isn't that bed missing the steps too?

Boy your quick Cory on the tailgate bumper-bash!

Ha! Well Ron, my truck and every other one I see has the bumper dents in the tailgate...lol. They stick out like a sore thumb to us Flaresiders.:nabble_smiley_grin:

LOL I did not see it on the bumper but did see lack of a step.

When I got my gate it had the bumper bend in it. It was an easy fix, place in on a2x4 and step on the gate to get it back into shape.

Dave ----