Bullnose Forums

Driving Lights?

Gary, here is another pic of what looks like OEM style fog lights with the shroud mounted above the bumper. Granted this is pretty heavy on the custom "murderd out" style, but they did a nice job on the fog light install.

Yes, they did do a good job on the lights. And while I'm not planning a murderd-out scheme, some might think I am. That's because Vern chose black-walled tires, turning the raised-white lettering in, on black wheels with black hubs and black lugs. Then I mounted black step bars. And since the front bumper's chrome is thin and is peeling in some places I'm considering having it powder coated black. In fact, that was my brother's recommendation as we left Vern's place the day we picked it up.

So, black lights fit right in. And as you see in the pic above, there's plenty of space on top of the bumper for mounting them.

While the server was down David found these lights. They are black, but I haven't had time to see if there are any reviews. Or, if there are similar lights with good reviews.

IMG_0406.png.6f1aeb5979517bcc65dd8435b601a69c.png

Yes, they did do a good job on the lights. And while I'm not planning a murderd-out scheme, some might think I am. That's because Vern chose black-walled tires, turning the raised-white lettering in, on black wheels with black hubs and black lugs. Then I mounted black step bars. And since the front bumper's chrome is thin and is peeling in some places I'm considering having it powder coated black. In fact, that was my brother's recommendation as we left Vern's place the day we picked it up.

So, black lights fit right in. And as you see in the pic above, there's plenty of space on top of the bumper for mounting them.

While the server was down David found these lights. They are black, but I haven't had time to see if there are any reviews. Or, if there are similar lights with good reviews.

I definitely like the lights mounted on top of the bumper (not to mention they're more protected when off road). Nice looking truck!

And of course, Gary, you could powder coat the silver bolts [screws?] black.

Now I know you said driving lights but for any one looking to mount fog lights they should be close to the ground something like 19" IIRC.

So check out how high off the ground the lights should be mounted to work the best be it fog or driving lights.

On a K5 Blazer I had fog under the bumper and driving mounted to a push/grill guard.

I did hit the fog lights on snow banks and push them back but never broke one off.

Dave ----

Now I know you said driving lights but for any one looking to mount fog lights they should be close to the ground something like 19" IIRC.

So check out how high off the ground the lights should be mounted to work the best be it fog or driving lights.

On a K5 Blazer I had fog under the bumper and driving mounted to a push/grill guard.

I did hit the fog lights on snow banks and push them back but never broke one off.

Dave ----

Good points - David and Dave. :nabble_smiley_good: