Bullnose Forums

1985 F250, 4x4, 460 - 2nd Owner!

Dean_L

New Member here, Just found out about this Forum.. Wow Where have you been my whole life!!!

My 1985 F250, 460 has been with me since spring of 1996, just after my 16th Birthday. Best vehicle Ive ever owned! I have over 200,000 miles, 2nd transmission, but its a work horse. Starting to rebuild her so my Son can drive her in high school in a few years

20191017_141032.jpg.09d0d874a69de8ac1af5cc5aecfd9fd1.jpg

Dean - Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

As for where we've been, we are only just over two years old. And we are now just over 500 users.

So, where's home? We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd love to add you if you'd give me the city where you live.

And '85 F250 w/a 460 sounds familiar. :nabble_anim_confused: Where'd I hear about one of those? Oh yes! I was just working on one!!!!

Welcome to the forum Dean! :nabble_waving_orig:

We love father/son (& daughter) projects around here. 💘

Yep, a workhorse.

I once (on FTE to someone with a 351HO) said the 460 is an ox.

Where the mule *can pull the plow through a rocky field, the the ox can lumber along all day and make it look easy.

So maybe you have a Percheron?

Welcome to the forum Dean! :nabble_waving_orig:

We love father/son (& daughter) projects around here. 💘

Yep, a workhorse.

I once (on FTE to someone with a 351HO) said the 460 is an ox.

Where the mule *can pull the plow through a rocky field, the the ox can lumber along all day and make it look easy.

So maybe you have a Percheron?

Is your upper body mouldings original? I need.to replace mine but I understand it's rare because it was only on early model 85s

Is your upper body mouldings original? I need.to replace mine but I understand it's rare because it was only on early model 85s

In case Rick doesn't get right back, his truck had that trim originally, but when he had it repainted he found what he thinks is the last set of that trim NOS.

And it is rare as it was originally offered in early '85 and then apparently dropped as an option. You can see the "early" and "late" 1985 brochures here (Documentation/Literature/1985 Literature) and the early has it on the cover and the late doesn't.

In case Rick doesn't get right back, his truck had that trim originally, but when he had it repainted he found what he thinks is the last set of that trim NOS.And it is rare as it was originally offered in early '85 and then apparently dropped as an option. You can see the "early" and "late" 1985 brochures here (Documentation/Literature/1985 Literature) and the early has it on the cover and the late doesn't.
Thanks. I emailed NOS today, I hope they have them!  Since I owned this truck I always wondered why no other mid 80s fords had them. Now I know...

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019, 6:41 AM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote: