Bullnose Forums

87' BRONCO, LIKE NEW

Ray Cecil

What a cream puff, just a couple scratches here and there. Normal wear for a 32 year old Bronco...

Someone asked why I was hiding this in a photo I took of something else. Well, here is the grand tour of this "Like New" bronco that was given to me by a friend. You'll understand in about three minutes why I am hiding it.

I thought about taking the body off and making a tubular rock crawler chassis on it.

About 10 years ago, a guy built a micro-HEMTT body on a Bronco chassis, and was working on making it fully-amphibious. Another guy swapped an E350 PSTD into a Bronco chassis, taught himself to weld, and then built a near-perfect HMMWV replica body on it. He even got a few sponsors to pay for paint and a few finishing parts, and then took the truck on tour.

You're lucky that thing came with auto hub locks - the axles with factory manual locks are nightmares.

Ray, why are you hiding this thing out back? Why not put it in the front yard, huh? C'mon! lol.

If you're parting the thing out, make sure you remove...

Delay wiper switch and module (if equipped) to swap into your truck (if not equipped).

Steering shaft if it's in OK condition (what is the condition of the upper joint rubber on yours?)

Brake master cylinder and booster (Even if it's just for spare parts for later on your truck)

Front and rear swaybars if equipped, but I can't see any in the pictures.

I'm sure Steve83 can tell you more.

Ray, why are you hiding this thing out back? Why not put it in the front yard, huh? C'mon! lol.

If you're parting the thing out, make sure you remove...

Delay wiper switch and module (if equipped) to swap into your truck (if not equipped).

Steering shaft if it's in OK condition (what is the condition of the upper joint rubber on yours?)

Brake master cylinder and booster (Even if it's just for spare parts for later on your truck)

Front and rear swaybars if equipped, but I can't see any in the pictures.

I'm sure Steve83 can tell you more.

Sometimes I wonder how I got subscribed there these threads... :nabble_anim_confused:

The alert me box isn't even checked as I reply.

Looks like lawn art to me.

If it was a little bigger it would make a nice chicken coop.

About 10 years ago, a guy built a micro-HEMTT body on a Bronco chassis, and was working on making it fully-amphibious. Another guy swapped an E350 PSTD into a Bronco chassis, taught himself to weld, and then built a near-perfect HMMWV replica body on it. He even got a few sponsors to pay for paint and a few finishing parts, and then took the truck on tour.

You're lucky that thing came with auto hub locks - the axles with factory manual locks are nightmares.

Steve, I will have to google all that.

Cory, it does have sway bars, I already removed them. I just bought a brand new master cylinder and booster, so not going to need this other one for awhile. Me and Matt where thinking about the bronco yesterday....we might make a tube frame and wheel it.

Jim, im not sure either....but I just built a coop.

Steve, I will have to google all that.

Cory, it does have sway bars, I already removed them. I just bought a brand new master cylinder and booster, so not going to need this other one for awhile. Me and Matt where thinking about the bronco yesterday....we might make a tube frame and wheel it.

Jim, im not sure either....but I just built a coop.

Does your truck have delay wipers? Does the Bronco?