Bullnose Forums

1980- 86 Ford Pickup and Bronco VHX Analog Instruments

Vic Roma

Has anyone installed this instrument cluster from Dakota Digital.

Don't think so. They're fairly new, I think only released maybe a month or two ago.

I quite like it, but it's one of those things I don't need until I run out of a whole bunch of other things to do.:nabble_smiley_grin:

Don't think so. They're fairly new, I think only released maybe a month or two ago.

I quite like it, but it's one of those things I don't need until I run out of a whole bunch of other things to do.:nabble_smiley_grin:

Yea they are only a couple months old.

I had been pinging Dakota Digital back in April about getting gauges for our model years. Josh Kobernusz said they were a few months out at the time on putting anything on the market.

They are pricey but if you are not sticking to 100% stock, they still end up cheaper than the aftermarket replacement cluster which is cut for modern round gauges which can push $1k. And this at least keeps the same format. I will definitely be putting these gauges in my truck when the time comes. If they did a full digital set rather than VHX, like they have for the Ford Vans, I will go that way. Just my personal preference.

Yea they are only a couple months old.

I had been pinging Dakota Digital back in April about getting gauges for our model years. Josh Kobernusz said they were a few months out at the time on putting anything on the market.

They are pricey but if you are not sticking to 100% stock, they still end up cheaper than the aftermarket replacement cluster which is cut for modern round gauges which can push $1k. And this at least keeps the same format. I will definitely be putting these gauges in my truck when the time comes. If they did a full digital set rather than VHX, like they have for the Ford Vans, I will go that way. Just my personal preference.

Since NOS gauges are becoming increasingly rare, and old dashboards and gauges start to fail, I'm sure these will be more popular. HDX looks good too but if you're designing for a period specific dash, why not match the backlight colors? Desoldering these leds for blue-er ones may void the warranty.

Since NOS gauges are becoming increasingly rare, and old dashboards and gauges start to fail, I'm sure these will be more popular. HDX looks good too but if you're designing for a period specific dash, why not match the backlight colors? Desoldering these leds for blue-er ones may void the warranty.

Back colors are adjustable red/white/blue correct? You think with modern LED tech you should be able to tune the LED's to your color choice. Personally, even after having lasik blue still gives me blur issues. I would probably have to run these in white backlight, which I am not a fan of either.