Bullnose Forums

EEC III California Emissions - time to convert it?

66gtk

I'm curious to try the diagnostics. Did I miss where to set the dial to on my analog voltmeter? I wonder what the voltage is on the pulses/sweeps? I would think that would be important (:

It says right in step 3 of the instructions to "set the meter to the 12V post"

I'm assuming this is a primitive meter that has no dial, and you just insert the lead in (or on) the terminal with the correct resistor for the range of the meter.

Obviously, if you aren't reading from a cap or boost converter you won't see voltage above 12.6 with the engine off, nor more than 15 with the alternator turning.

Gary, you see the plastic assembly with the plug on the right inner fender, that is the BARO/MAP sensor. The Baro portion needs to go to 20-25" vacuum for at least 10 seconds then released. I found a procedure on-line. Here it is as a .jpg file, I can email you the original pdf if you want it for your files.

Thanks to Bill, those instructions are now part of this website: Documentation/Electrical/Electronic Engine Control (EEC). Then go to the EEC-III tab, which is will probably open to, and then the Pulling Codes tab. They can be searched, zoomed in on, and printed. :nabble_smiley_wink: