Bullnose Forums

Floor mat [aftermarket; does not appear to cover entire floor?]

This is what the factory put in my 82 flareside. You can see the bare floor under the bench. Nothin fancy.

Same with my stripper '84. The rubber mat basically ends just past the front bolts for the bench seat.

I do plan to replace mine at some point, but since I have the 5spd swapped in, I'll need a rubber floor from a 1988-1996 truck.

This is what the factory put in my 82 flareside. You can see the bare floor under the bench. Nothin fancy.

Same with my stripper '84. The rubber mat basically ends just past the front bolts for the bench seat.

I do plan to replace mine at some point, but since I have the 5spd swapped in, I'll need a rubber floor from a 1988-1996 truck.

My 81 custom was the same, firewall to front bolts on seat.

Now I thought the floors were different if auto (flat hump) or stick (high hump)?

I think for that price & no padding I would go with carpet & padding and be able to hear myself think LOL

Dave -----

My 81 custom was the same, firewall to front bolts on seat.

Now I thought the floors were different if auto (flat hump) or stick (high hump)?

I think for that price & no padding I would go with carpet & padding and be able to hear myself think LOL

Dave -----

I think the floors were the same height. The tall hump, or transmission cover, came after the Bullnose era when the ZF5 came along. (Like the one Shaun sent me years ago.)

I think the floors were the same height. The tall hump, or transmission cover, came after the Bullnose era when the ZF5 came along. (Like the one Shaun sent me years ago.)

The flooring is dependent on whether the truck has a removable floor pan. Even the shorter bullnose pans have been known to cause issues with aftermarket flooring. The original carpet I pulled from a 4x2 bricknose didn't fit well over the pan on my bullnose F150.

There's multiple removable floor pans depending on transmission, transfer case, and year.

80-87 featured manual transmission only, manual trans/transfer case (different transmission opening sizes and locations depending on transmission), auto trans/transfer case

88+ saw the introduction to the taller pan on manual trans trucks, and even some automatics received a tall pan with no cutouts (Bronco, Crew Cab for example). Transfer case moved to the side of the transmission hump so no tcase cutouts are in these pans. Even button shift 4x4 trucks had removable floor pans, contrary to what LMC seems to list.

Also, 87+ regular cab 4x2 trucks with no removable floor plate have a hump in the floor pan that bullnose trucks do not have. The hump isn't tall enough to cause issues with flooring though, it just seems to be for transmission clearance.

There's probably some info I'm forgetting, but that's the majority.

Looks a little higher hump than the flat auto floor would be.

20151223_182955.jpg.1af89cf1d4e91fd2e79b99ac00e5cf9a.jpg

I do know what you are talking about, the ZF has a higher hump than the T18/T19 cover.

Dave ----

edit: yes the pan openings are different between the model of trany used.

The one pictured is for my T18. I also have one for the SROD that was in my parts truck and the shifter came in a different location.

Looks a little higher hump than the flat auto floor would be.

I do know what you are talking about, the ZF has a higher hump than the T18/T19 cover.

Dave ----

edit: yes the pan openings are different between the model of trany used.

The one pictured is for my T18. I also have one for the SROD that was in my parts truck and the shifter came in a different location.

My 1984 F150 with 3spd manual column shift did not have a removable tunnel cover.

IMG_4266.jpg.8ff3ebfa2649a1e20f37809b0ed8b311.jpg

I cut it out and then painted over the cut area to cover the bare steel edges.

IMG_4269.jpg.18faa188fdb2e786cf3d5a49e9eb6c53.jpg

Here is what the "High" hump looks like. This is a 5spd cover removed from (if I recall correctly), a 1991 F150.

IMG_4270.jpg.aa4662f3625e41a49a7da27f45dc037b.jpg

I reused my original rubber mat, but it does not fit 100% perfectly. It's OK and I don't think most would even notice, but I'll likely replace it later when I run out of other things to do;).

IMG_5848.jpg.3961a7b962e540c6c454734d30ed6020.jpg

And for kicks, here's a pic of the NP435 shifter stick I modified and grafted on to a spare M5OD shifter stick stub. I test fitted this but it is not installed currently. I'm going to have the stick powder coated and then stick a 5spd knob on it.

IMG_5850.jpg.362372257228c931257fa52dfd2c74af.jpg

My 1984 F150 with 3spd manual column shift did not have a removable tunnel cover.

I cut it out and then painted over the cut area to cover the bare steel edges.

Here is what the "High" hump looks like. This is a 5spd cover removed from (if I recall correctly), a 1991 F150.

I reused my original rubber mat, but it does not fit 100% perfectly. It's OK and I don't think most would even notice, but I'll likely replace it later when I run out of other things to do;).

And for kicks, here's a pic of the NP435 shifter stick I modified and grafted on to a spare M5OD shifter stick stub. I test fitted this but it is not installed currently. I'm going to have the stick powder coated and then stick a 5spd knob on it.

Cory I would call that a high hump :nabble_smiley_wink:

So would the ones that our trucks should have be a "mid rise hump"?

I can see your rubber mat fitting over the mid rise hump a lot better.

I do like the look of the new stick. That straight one looks like they forgot to install one andall they had was the pipe laying around to use :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

Dave ----

Cory I would call that a high hump :nabble_smiley_wink:

So would the ones that our trucks should have be a "mid rise hump"?

I can see your rubber mat fitting over the mid rise hump a lot better.

I do like the look of the new stick. That straight one looks like they forgot to install one andall they had was the pipe laying around to use :nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig:

Dave ----

Ok, I was WRONG!!!! :nabble_smiley_blush:

Anyway, here are the transmission covers through '88:

Transmission_Cover.thumb.jpg.348781fe7932f0da7f6a37c947730a40.jpg