Bullnose Forums

Source for HVAC Component Seals/Gaskets

kramttocs

Just an update on this topic.

I've had some problems communicating with James at Detroit Muscle Technologies. I'd called and left one message, gotten a call back and an assurance that he'd call the next day, an email from him saying he'd check on the availability for me and get back, and then two unanswered emails from me asking where things stand.

So this morning I was about to give up and tell y'all that it is a waste of time. But I thought I'd give it one more shot and called. To my amazement James answered. When I told him why I called he said "They'll be in the mail today - at no cost. Please tell everyone that I'm not such a bad guy."

Given that, I'm here to say "He's not such a bad guy!" He's apparently REALLY busy and needs a minder, but he isn't a bad guy. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I believe Scott mentioned this is run on his spare time, so I knew he was probably behind. It took a few days for my order to ship out, but everything came well packaged and in great shape so it was well worth the small wait.

I believe Scott mentioned this is run on his spare time, so I knew he was probably behind. It took a few days for my order to ship out, but everything came well packaged and in great shape so it was well worth the small wait.

The lady I spoke to, which may be his wife, said he quit his day job and started doing this full time a couple of years ago. But he told me that the covid virus has really done a number on his business, with more orders than he was prepared to handle. That's a good thing, but needs to figure out how to deal with it.

Part of the problem is that he is relying on people ordering via the website, but what I want isn't listed since I needed only two of the items in a multi-item kit. And he isn't staffed to handle one-off requests.

Anyway, he's a good guy. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The lady I spoke to, which may be his wife, said he quit his day job and started doing this full time a couple of years ago. But he told me that the covid virus has really done a number on his business, with more orders than he was prepared to handle. That's a good thing, but needs to figure out how to deal with it.

Part of the problem is that he is relying on people ordering via the website, but what I want isn't listed since I needed only two of the items in a multi-item kit. And he isn't staffed to handle one-off requests.

Probably a couple years ago that I saw mention of it then. Either way, a one-two man operation in the field he operates in is definitely rough. Hopefully he'll find himself in a position to hire more help in the future.

Probably a couple years ago that I saw mention of it then. Either way, a one-two man operation in the field he operates in is definitely rough. Hopefully he'll find himself in a position to hire more help in the future.

I may have misunderstood the full-time/part-time also.

Glad everything got sorted out. I know one time I was working with him it was during some large convention where he had a booth so was swamped with that stuff. With at most two people, I can imagine it would be easy to drop the ball every now and then.

Yes he is.

When I dealt with him on my AMC HVAC kit many years ago I knew he did this part time I did not know he went full time.

I can also see where this virus just flooded him with orders because guys & girls are stuck home so why not rip in to the HVAC or what ever else he does gaskets for.

Dave ----

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this topic.

I've had some problems communicating with James at Detroit Muscle Technologies. I'd called and left one message, gotten a call back and an assurance that he'd call the next day, an email from him saying he'd check on the availability for me and get back, and then two unanswered emails from me asking where things stand.

So this morning I was about to give up and tell y'all that it is a waste of time. But I thought I'd give it one more shot and called. To my amazement James answered. When I told him why I called he said "They'll be in the mail today - at no cost. Please tell everyone that I'm not such a bad guy."

Given that, I'm here to say "He's not such a bad guy!" He's apparently REALLY busy and needs a minder, but he isn't a bad guy. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Update: James said on June 30th he was shipping the gaskets out "that day". Today is two weeks later and I didn't have them so called and wound up talking to James. He had pulled them, realized they are the two expensive gaskets from the $40 kit, and ...... hadn't shipped them.

But today he said he would. I offered, almost begged, to pay but he refused. So I ordered a full set for Dad's truck and the whole thing is to be shipped out today.

Update: James said on June 30th he was shipping the gaskets out "that day". Today is two weeks later and I didn't have them so called and wound up talking to James. He had pulled them, realized they are the two expensive gaskets from the $40 kit, and ...... hadn't shipped them.

But today he said he would. I offered, almost begged, to pay but he refused. So I ordered a full set for Dad's truck and the whole thing is to be shipped out today.

It is good when people try to work together and do the right thing!