Bullnose Forums

For the Flareside guys...

Danny G

This is a lovely looking truck.

My only comment is (before Reamer gets here...hehe) is that the chrome fender trim does not match from front to rear, and it's irrelevant anyway as the Flareside never had chrome trim on the wheel arches (It was added, obviously). The front trim looks like the original Ford pieces, but the rear ones are aftermarket.

Still, it's a great looking truck, and with a 300/6 and NP435 it's a nicely optioned 4x4 Flareside (imho).

AC would be nice though....

This is a lovely looking truck.

My only comment is (before Reamer gets here...hehe) is that the chrome fender trim does not match from front to rear, and it's irrelevant anyway as the Flareside never had chrome trim on the wheel arches (It was added, obviously). The front trim looks like the original Ford pieces, but the rear ones are aftermarket.

Still, it's a great looking truck, and with a 300/6 and NP435 it's a nicely optioned 4x4 Flareside (imho).

AC would be nice though....

Good Catch! Cory, Also it's a repaint, The close up of the gas filler cap shows body work in the bed post. also the rear plate bracket is incorrect....

Nice color combo! too bad it's a stripper, (no AC, PW windows, locks, cruise, ect).

The slider does not look right, and usually there is a "level badge" under the fender "F-150's"

The slider does not look right, and usually there is a "level badge" under the fender "F-150's"

No trim level badges on the strippers like my truck. Just the F150. My old 1980 F100 Flareside was a Custom and it said "Custom" under the F100 on the fender, but I think that went away in the early 80's didn't it? Maybe the Custom went away with the F100 in 1983?

No trim level badges on the strippers like my truck. Just the F150. My old 1980 F100 Flareside was a Custom and it said "Custom" under the F100 on the fender, but I think that went away in the early 80's didn't it? Maybe the Custom went away with the F100 in 1983?

My 81 Flare side is a Custom but it only had P/S. With a 300 six and T18, no radio and no P/B that was it so I thought it was a "striper".

Other than the weave on the dash I don't know what color it was as it was spray bombed with blue then black.

Dave ----