Bullnose Forums

Upgrades To Big Blue For Overlanding?

Gary Lewis

It looks as if the piece that bolts to the flange you're pointing out is recessed.

Idk.

But if it is, maybe the fan itself could move forward, leaving everything else where it is able to bolt up.

And the filter track could slip right in in front of (or behind) the flange

I was actually trying to point just in front of the flange, where I think the slot could go.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's the mid piece that houses the wheel?

How can both of those occupy the same space?

I don't think they occupy the same space. The one on the firewall (19C590) is the Air Conditioner Recirculating Air Duct Assembly and the one the motor goes in (19A559) is the Air Conditioner Evaporator Core Housing - as shown here after I added them.

Ok, I think I'm starting to understand. I think you are saying to cut a slot in the plenum that attaches to the firewall. Correct?

And, I think you are assuming, which is probably a good assumption, that the squirrel cage will hit the filter w/o spacing it out. Right?

I thought I had pictures of the pieces, here, but unfortunately I only have pics of the interior pieces. I need to rectify that omission when I can as good pics would help a lot in this discussion.

But, my question was whether or not it looks like the fan will pass through the rectangular opening of that plenum. If not, then maybe no spacing is needed?

So *what is it* with a recessed round hole in it that sits between the blower housing and the plenum?

Just a gasket????

I would think that a gasket would not be stiff enough to keep from being sucked into and rubbing on the fan

If it will help any I can take some measurements on the HVAC from the 1995 parts truck.

Thanks, Bill. But I think the key is how the recirculating air duct is shaped and sized, and that piece is probably different on the Bullnose trucks than the 90's. However, I have several of the pieces in the attic and in a week or so can check them out.

Thanks, Bill. But I think the key is how the recirculating air duct is shaped and sized, and that piece is probably different on the Bullnose trucks than the 90's. However, I have several of the pieces in the attic and in a week or so can check them out.

Well, I'm home. As some of you know, I've been in Nicaragua for two weeks visiting our daughter, son-in-law, and grandtwins. But, as of this afternoon I'm home. And, after getting a few things squared away, I'll be getting back to trucking in a few days.

Toward that end I was very pleased to open the boxes that Mark/Dyn Blin pulled from the 1996 CA-spec F250 w/a 460. What a treasure trove! Thanks, Mark. :nabble_smiley_good:

Once I get the shop straightened up a bit and get rid of a bunch of parts from Huck, I want to lay out the various harnesses, air boxes, etc that I have and figure out how to put it all together. But, with the exception of a few air inlet hoses and maybe some spare harnesses from which to extract the right wire colors with which to extend things, I think I have pretty much what is needed to put MAF/SEFI on Big Blue. :nabble_anim_jump:

DSCN2792.thumb.jpg.72ea21838b3f0ce331b5318568e6cf26.jpg

DSCN2794.thumb.jpg.2c80d1161250cb109f26570d0b6588d8.jpg

Well, I'm home. As some of you know, I've been in Nicaragua for two weeks visiting our daughter, son-in-law, and grandtwins. But, as of this afternoon I'm home. And, after getting a few things squared away, I'll be getting back to trucking in a few days.

Toward that end I was very pleased to open the boxes that Mark/Dyn Blin pulled from the 1996 CA-spec F250 w/a 460. What a treasure trove! Thanks, Mark. :nabble_smiley_good:

Once I get the shop straightened up a bit and get rid of a bunch of parts from Huck, I want to lay out the various harnesses, air boxes, etc that I have and figure out how to put it all together. But, with the exception of a few air inlet hoses and maybe some spare harnesses from which to extract the right wire colors with which to extend things, I think I have pretty much what is needed to put MAF/SEFI on Big Blue. :nabble_anim_jump:

I'm heartened to see it all arrived intact. Welcome home!

Now the fun begins for those of us watching the build.