Bullnose Forums

intake manifold heater hose junction part

66gtk

• 1 year later...

The link to the part descriptions was very helpful! Unfortunately none of them look like this elbow. I have no way to know if my elbow is OEM original. Anybody else have an original 83 F150 with 302?

Did you ever find a part that worked? I am in the middle of replacing my cooling system and my elbow looks exactly like yours (I have an '84 California Emissions 302), I can't find any part in the catalog that looks similar.

IMG-1529.jpg.d7b6a3474b29b79ac58420a03076882e.jpg

Top view (note module screwed into the side of it? not sure what it is, need to research)

IMG-1536.jpg.91c20ad35b41220737a3aca459b45623.jpg

Did you ever find a part that worked? I am in the middle of replacing my cooling system and my elbow looks exactly like yours (I have an '84 California Emissions 302), I can't find any part in the catalog that looks similar.

Top view (note module screwed into the side of it? not sure what it is, need to research)

Chris,

If you can't find a suitable replacement, you can probably do it with regular NPT pipe fittings. You'd need what is called a "Street Tee" in 1/2" NPT, plus an elbow 1/2" NPT male by 5/8" hose barb, and likely a bushing for whatever thread size that sensor is...I assume 1/4 or 3/8" NPT.

Chris,

If you can't find a suitable replacement, you can probably do it with regular NPT pipe fittings. You'd need what is called a "Street Tee" in 1/2" NPT, plus an elbow 1/2" NPT male by 5/8" hose barb, and likely a bushing for whatever thread size that sensor is...I assume 1/4 or 3/8" NPT.

I think the sensors are 3/8 NPT.

I know street ells but never heard of a street Tee.

Which is male and which is female?

I think the sensors are 3/8 NPT.

I know street ells but never heard of a street Tee.

Which is male and which is female?

Thanks, all!

I think after further contemplation (and later noticing the sensor inlet on the back side of the fitting) that it is a Type #14 (D30Z-18599-A) - (see http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/elbows.html like Gary posted above) - the description in the PN tab makes sense now also. They seem to be extremely rare as replacements.

The question is - do I leave it alone, or try to build my own? What would you guys do? I'm afraid given the condition of it that I could end snapping something off the manifold and having a bigger problem on my hands...