Bullnose Forums

A question to the Flare Side owners?

Thanks guys you are great.

I think why I only have 3, 1 from my truck and 2 my brother sent, is 1 of the fenders was replaced at some point and was not put back on.

The big reason I don't remember is the 4 years between removing and installing them.

I wonder if the later years they did not install them to save money?

Both of mine are early 81 trucks, 11/80 & 2/81.

Cory think yours is 83 or 84? And OZ think is an 81 truck also?

Now if the paint is dry enough to handle I can get them installed and it will look like a real truck again :nabble_anim_jump:

Thanks again.

Dave ----

Another data point:

My early 82 does not have rear brace.

Another data point:

Did it have the front ones?

Do the fenders have the stud or the nub the stud screwed into on the rear of the fender?

I think 1 of my fenders was replaced as it was missing the brace & the stud but the nub the stud screws into was there.

I thought they all had the rear but not the fronts?

Thanks for the data point

Dave ----

Another data point:

Did it have the front ones?

Do the fenders have the stud or the nub the stud screwed into on the rear of the fender?

I think 1 of my fenders was replaced as it was missing the brace & the stud but the nub the stud screws into was there.

I thought they all had the rear but not the fronts?

Thanks for the data point

Dave ----

Mine has both front and rear but keep in mind that it was built in March 1980. Maybe when they were made in different factory's they had different ways of putting them together? Or as someone said earlier that they stopped putting them on in the later years.Mine was built in the Norfolk Plant on the 3/7/80.

Mine has both front and rear but keep in mind that it was built in March 1980. Maybe when they were made in different factory's they had different ways of putting them together? Or as someone said earlier that they stopped putting them on in the later years.Mine was built in the Norfolk Plant on the 3/7/80.

I wanna say mine was built june or july 82 in San Jose California, mine has no fender struts on rear side of fenders. There is one strut on the front side of the passenger side. My fenders do have rear strut mounting bosses.

20191012_142401.jpg.a492444701d7a5ede473481dfda32f07.jpg

20191012_142342.jpg.2710a3764d4b33b5bd7284135a95a15c.jpg

I wanna say mine was built june or july 82 in San Jose California, mine has no fender struts on rear side of fenders. There is one strut on the front side of the passenger side. My fenders do have rear strut mounting bosses.

Ray, ours were built a couple months apart at the same plant.

I'll post a pic shortly.

Ray, ours were built a couple months apart at the same plant.

I'll post a pic shortly.

Mine has the real wood planks, not the faux plywood. What does yours have?

Here you go, Ray.

I have wood slats, but from the bed bolts, I think they may be aftermarket.

Here's two photos:

First, from under the "step" at the front of the fender on the passenger side, looking towards the rear tire. It has only a single anchor point on both sides, like in the parts diagram:

20191013_165002.jpg.e4697f1a98989b2ee0f9c11944676f4b.jpg

Here's the rear, and where I think the lug is for the missing

20191013_165238_-_Edited_(1).jpg.362772647506025bf88d1af449681936.jpg