Bullnose Forums

A question to the Flare Side owners?

Fender brace / strut question.

I know the rear part of the fender has a strut and goes up to 1 of the bed side bolts and the other end to a stud screwed into the fender.

The question - is there 1 up front also?

I ask because mine only had 1 and I cant remember where it goes

I also got 2 others my brother sent me with other parts and are brown.

All 3 were in a bag marked bed / running board bolts.

I could not see were they may go as I did not have the fenders mounted to the bed yet but I just can remember how they fit in.

Thanks

Dave ----

I know the rear part of the fender has a strut and goes up to 1 of the bed side bolts and the other end to a stud screwed into the fender.

Dave,

Just as a side note, I don't think all Flaresides had them. They are shown in the drawing below, front and rear, but I've looked at about a dozen of these trucks, and I've only ever seen one that had the braces. My truck does not have them, and you could tell that they were never there. Just interesting is all. It might depend on who assembled the truck that day.:nabble_smiley_grin:

fender_brackets.jpg.39bda53dfccdf8046614c43461da77e2.jpg

Dave,

Just as a side note, I don't think all Flaresides had them. They are shown in the drawing below, front and rear, but I've looked at about a dozen of these trucks, and I've only ever seen one that had the braces. My truck does not have them, and you could tell that they were never there. Just interesting is all. It might depend on who assembled the truck that day.:nabble_smiley_grin:

Thanks guys you are great.

I think why I only have 3, 1 from my truck and 2 my brother sent, is 1 of the fenders was replaced at some point and was not put back on.

The big reason I don't remember is the 4 years between removing and installing them.

I wonder if the later years they did not install them to save money?

Both of mine are early 81 trucks, 11/80 & 2/81.

Cory think yours is 83 or 84? And OZ think is an 81 truck also?

Now if the paint is dry enough to handle I can get them installed and it will look like a real truck again :nabble_anim_jump:

Thanks again.

Dave ----

Thanks guys you are great.

I think why I only have 3, 1 from my truck and 2 my brother sent, is 1 of the fenders was replaced at some point and was not put back on.

The big reason I don't remember is the 4 years between removing and installing them.

I wonder if the later years they did not install them to save money?

Both of mine are early 81 trucks, 11/80 & 2/81.

Cory think yours is 83 or 84? And OZ think is an 81 truck also?

Now if the paint is dry enough to handle I can get them installed and it will look like a real truck again :nabble_anim_jump:

Thanks again.

Dave ----

Dave mine is an 1980 model truck. Maybe the brackets are only on the early Trucks?

Thanks guys, I have no way to know what year the running board brackets were from that my brother sent me but it looks like it could have been an early truck.

Dave ----

out of curiosty....are the flareside rear fenders the same as the dually fenders?