Bullnose Forums

Locating front fender splash guards

AE551DC3-29FF-4441-BDA0-6CF393381AF7.jpeg.72a25071e1c45a21612b5439b652e33c.jpegHoudy- I’m new here, and workin on restoring my first love- an 80 F-150. I can’t seem to find the plastic splash guards that are below the fender.

I’ve checked everywhere- Dennis Carpenter, LMC, NPD, e-bay, and lots others, but nowhere to be found. I’ve found 79 and earlier, and 87 and later, but no 80-86.

Would anyone know where I could find these? Does anyone know why these are so scarce, and no aftermarket parts seem available?

Thanks-

I have a set. Not going to part with them. But, maybe we can reproduce them?

Joe it might help to list where you are at as they are not something that would ship easily.

Have you been checking CL and some say FB has some things also.

You may need to buy a full parts truck for them and might get lucky and it will have other parts better than what you have now.

I did that for my project and I used a lot of it and gave some parts away I was not going to use.

BTW welcome to the forum

Dave ----

BJ - When people introduce themselves in the New Members Start Here folder I always ask them if they'd like to be on our member's map - Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu. But you haven't so I won't. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But on the fender liners, your best bet is to find them in a salvage. If we knew you were close to one of us we might know where some are, but shipping will be expensive.

Also, as the "welcome" email said, a signature that tells us about your truck really helps. It isn't required, but you'll get far more answers, and more accurate ones at that, if we know the details about your truck.

BJ - When people introduce themselves in the New Members Start Here folder I always ask them if they'd like to be on our member's map - Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu. But you haven't so I won't. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But on the fender liners, your best bet is to find them in a salvage. If we knew you were close to one of us we might know where some are, but shipping will be expensive.

Also, as the "welcome" email said, a signature that tells us about your truck really helps. It isn't required, but you'll get far more answers, and more accurate ones at that, if we know the details about your truck.

I understood him to be talking about Splash Guards not fender liners/inner fender well.

He did say Splash Guards. I am thinking he is looking for the plastic splash guards that are held onto the bottom of the fender with 3 screws behind the tires.

20191005_080903.jpg.5b135bbb15051947bd6bfbb4cad483d5.jpg

I understood him to be talking about Splash Guards not fender liners/inner fender well.

He did say Splash Guards. I am thinking he is looking for the plastic splash guards that are held onto the bottom of the fender with 3 screws behind the tires.

By golly, Ray, I think you are right!

They show on Page 15 on the 1981 Accessories Catalog, and here are the part numbers from the catalog:

Splash_Guard_Header.thumb.jpg.3b6778f07e40933b90b3ec5d9d835c55.jpgF-Series_Splash_Guards.thumb.jpg.b6d8a6ee6f2a38223ce26608d240d0f2.jpg

By golly, Ray, I think you are right!

They show on Page 15 on the 1981 Accessories Catalog, and here are the part numbers from the catalog:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n40053/Splash_Guard_Header.jpghttp://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n40053/F-Series_Splash_Guards.jpg

Yes. Not sure which paint color was on mine originally, as they are now completly void of paint in the "Ford" logo....Id think white or silver would look best.

Im trying to restore mine. I finally got all the yellow road stripe paint off. Now I need to get the blue overspray off. Then, its on to discover how to restore the finish without destroying or warping the plastic.

Joe it might help to list where you are at as they are not something that would ship easily.

Have you been checking CL and some say FB has some things also.

You may need to buy a full parts truck for them and might get lucky and it will have other parts better than what you have now.

I did that for my project and I used a lot of it and gave some parts away I was not going to use.

BTW welcome to the forum

Dave ----

Thanks for the reply- I have checked out craigslist, and am keeping an eye on it and eBay, but never have set up a fb account- although i’m being asked a lot lately. I’m located in Woodbridge, NJ- and don’t have a lot of space in my yard for a parts truck- besides if I did get one, I think the neighbors might gather with torches and pitchforks- probably not a good idea. Right now, I should have most of the parts I need- I am also looking for a steering column though, but I am finding some. -And thanks for the welcome-

Thanks for the reply- I have checked out craigslist, and am keeping an eye on it and eBay, but never have set up a fb account- although i’m being asked a lot lately. I’m located in Woodbridge, NJ- and don’t have a lot of space in my yard for a parts truck- besides if I did get one, I think the neighbors might gather with torches and pitchforks- probably not a good idea. Right now, I should have most of the parts I need- I am also looking for a steering column though, but I am finding some. -And thanks for the welcome-

I've added you to the map. :nabble_smiley_good:

Used to live just out of Wilmington, DE and know what you mean about the neighbors. And with Halloween coming up you don't want to risk that. :nabble_smiley_evil:

As for the mud flaps/splash guards, we have several on here who are adept at finding things. One, David/1986F150Six, is not on over the weekends, but he'll be back on Monday and I'm sure he'll use his talents to look for those. As many others may as well.