Bullnose Forums

This looks pretty cool...

For the record, in case the link goes dead...

And if you enjoyed the retro red and white two tone, you might also like this retro sunset stripe Freewheelin’ inspired truck too...

Jonathan - I'm sure glad you posted those pics 'cause they are highly likely to go away at some point. And then people won't know what we were talking about.

As for those two trucks, I could get into the red and while one, but I don't think I could do the Free Wheelin' truck. Maybe if I saw it in person.

And, by the way, this post is from the new "test" website over on ckuske's wordpress site. He's the MAN! :nabble_anim_claps:

That really is cool! It yells OLD SCHOOL. :nabble_anim_claps:

I do like the wheels. I'd be torn if I ran across a set for Big Blue like that. They'd look boss, but might not fair as well as the steelies that are on him for overlanding.

I don't see it - it looks like brand new truck to me, with a few cheap chrome bolt-ons.

https://www.f150forum.com/f2/retro-styled-f150-anyone-451469/

Reminds of this F250 from a year or two ago...and it was in the Midwest somewhere as well...same dealer maybe?...I dunno.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/meet-the-man-behind-the-incredible-retro-super-duty/

I think the red & white truck needs the white to go all the way to the lights front & rear to look right to me and not liking the roll bar.

Now if it was a flare side and red & white then ........... LOL

Now that free wheeling I do like the combo and it should get the roll bar as I think it fits that package better.

I did not dig to deep into either one but what else was added other than stripes & wheels/tires and how much did it bump up the price?

Dave ----

I think the red & white truck needs the white to go all the way to the lights front & rear to look right to me and not liking the roll bar.

Now if it was a flare side and red & white then ........... LOL

Now that free wheeling I do like the combo and it should get the roll bar as I think it fits that package better.

I did not dig to deep into either one but what else was added other than stripes & wheels/tires and how much did it bump up the price?

Dave ----

Someone did that to a GMC:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/12/someone-turned-a-gmc-sierra-hd-into-a-retro-look-stepside/

Jonathan - I'm sure glad you posted those pics 'cause they are highly likely to go away at some point. And then people won't know what we were talking about.

As for those two trucks, I could get into the red and while one, but I don't think I could do the Free Wheelin' truck. Maybe if I saw it in person.

And, by the way, this post is from the new "test" website over on ckuske's wordpress site. He's the MAN! :nabble_anim_claps:

I have to agree with Gary, the newer truck looks decent in red and white two tone, but the wild colors with the modern body lines does not click for me. I would honestly rather see retro body lines brought back like they did with the Mustangs than dealerships trying to put vintage paint jobs on super modern body styling. It’s weird. Ditto for a 30 year old flareside bed on a new body. They only did half of the job 🙄

I have to agree with Gary, the newer truck looks decent in red and white two tone, but the wild colors with the modern body lines does not click for me. I would honestly rather see retro body lines brought back like they did with the Mustangs than dealerships trying to put vintage paint jobs on super modern body styling. It’s weird. Ditto for a 30 year old flareside bed on a new body. They only did half of the job 🙄

I actually prefer the black truck, these trucks just don't have the dimensions/right lines to make a two-tone work IMO. In other words, they're too bulky to make it work.