Bullnose Forums

So how many of you have dug into your . . .

The upholstery I bought looks nice, BUT . .isn't like the original in the way it attaches. The original has listing at the top, with wire and on the sides and bottom it has a plastic piece secures the material. This is the way most seats have been for many years now. I didn't expect it on this truck, but its there. Problem is, the new upholstery didn't have it on the sides and bottom. It basically had nothing. At least, I couldn't figure what it had for attachment. This is for the seat back. The seat bottom new upholstery does have plastic pieces to secure, but I haven't started on it yet. So why not the seat back? Good question. So I was able to secure the top with hog rings through the listing and listing wire as normal. The bottom I secured with hog rings, but no listing and no wire. There was a piece of plastic which was sewn to the upholstery and I used that to put the hog rings through. The sides? I had crap to work with. The three holes in my wall attest to that. Instead of using hog rings, I used zip ties.

The frame, I added some elastic webbing, then a 1" piece of foam, followed by the factory foam. I have one wrinkle I'm not happy with, but I'l give it some heat tomorrow and see.

Pete - What brand of upholstery are you using?

They are manufactured by Seatz Manufacturing . . . in Disneyland. I spoke with them about a few things . . most not pertaining to this order. They don't sell to the public, so I ordered them through Raybuck.

That's a great tip, Pete- Seatz does sell retail dash covers for our generation rides.

The price is right to try one out, I'm putting an order in this evening...

The upholstery I bought looks nice, BUT . .isn't like the original in the way it attaches. The original has listing at the top, with wire and on the sides and bottom it has a plastic piece secures the material. This is the way most seats have been for many years now. I didn't expect it on this truck, but its there. Problem is, the new upholstery didn't have it on the sides and bottom. It basically had nothing. At least, I couldn't figure what it had for attachment. This is for the seat back. The seat bottom new upholstery does have plastic pieces to secure, but I haven't started on it yet. So why not the seat back? Good question. So I was able to secure the top with hog rings through the listing and listing wire as normal. The bottom I secured with hog rings, but no listing and no wire. There was a piece of plastic which was sewn to the upholstery and I used that to put the hog rings through. The sides? I had crap to work with. The three holes in my wall attest to that. Instead of using hog rings, I used zip ties.

The frame, I added some elastic webbing, then a 1" piece of foam, followed by the factory foam. I have one wrinkle I'm not happy with, but I'l give it some heat tomorrow and see.

Is there a problem with the LMC Truck replacement that you can get? That's the route I was going to go.

Seat.jpg.3e27a677d330f5d4911e95159e203577.jpg

Exquiring minds want to know.

Is there a problem with the LMC Truck replacement that you can get? That's the route I was going to go.

To me, the LMC stuff ( which I believe is Seatz as well, but maybe I'm mixing things up, there's another big manufacturer in Disneyland as well. I bought my front buckets for my Bronco from them ) is too plain. I wanted a two tone as in my pic. And I wanted vinyl and tweed. I have a note into Seatz to call me. I'm looking forward to see what they have to say about the attachment.

IMG_20171129_135802.jpg.9a88b53bbd90e8471a42495e32bc273c.jpgI used the LMC upholstery on my truck about a year ago.

Actually, I used the bullnose kit on my '87 because I didn't like the '87 up kit.

I like the vinyl because I am dirty and it is easy to clean.

Fit was good. Though I had to add a piece of aluminum extrusion due to the difference between years.

The only thing that has failed it the welt (or piping), where I slide in and out all the time.

To me, the LMC stuff ( which I believe is Seatz as well, but maybe I'm mixing things up, there's another big manufacturer in Disneyland as well. I bought my front buckets for my Bronco from them ) is too plain. I wanted a two tone as in my pic. And I wanted vinyl and tweed. I have a note into Seatz to call me. I'm looking forward to see what they have to say about the attachment.

Good news, I found my build sheet!!!!!!! There's bad news too :(

And, does anyone have one of the seat belt grommets that goes through the bottom of the seat? I apparently have only one. Color doesn't matter.

build_sheet.jpg.633173cf8c16fdeaca6bf75c18a2b71b.jpg

seatbelt_grommet.jpg.69c425b82aabdac1007084bd3d4c7c27.jpg

Good news, I found my build sheet!!!!!!! There's bad news too :(

And, does anyone have one of the seat belt grommets that goes through the bottom of the seat? I apparently have only one. Color doesn't matter.

That's exactly the shape Dad's build sheet is in. :nabble_smiley_sad:

Don't think I have any extra of the grommets, but will look.