Bullnose Forums

Fasteners - Barrel Nuts

Boy, I need to get this info onto the website - after we move the website.

This is an excerpt from what the catalog is referring to as Section R:

And here's what the Standard & Utility Catalog says about it:

That standard and utility catalog is handy with the measurements!

Odd that it shows only one size for 80-89.

There are two different size nuts that go on two different styles of clips (that attach to the upper fender trim). The smaller style is metal and what is on Camano while the larger style is plastic and is what was in a nos piece I bought and the vast majority of my trucks I looked at. I only ever found 1 other jy truck with the metal pins. I'll take some photos.

LMC will sell you plastic barrel nuts that fit the larger style clips. PINS is probably a better word.

That standard and utility catalog is handy with the measurements!

Odd that it shows only one size for 80-89.

There are two different size nuts that go on two different styles of clips (that attach to the upper fender trim). The smaller style is metal and what is on Camano while the larger style is plastic and is what was in a nos piece I bought and the vast majority of my trucks I looked at. I only ever found 1 other jy truck with the metal pins. I'll take some photos.

LMC will sell you plastic barrel nuts that fit the larger style clips. PINS is probably a better word.

There was a lot of variability in what was used. On our page for N610939, which is the screw that holds the arm rest support to the inner door panel, I wrote:

The Standard & Utilities Parts catalog says that an N610939 is a Tap Hex Washer Head 4.2 - 1.41 x 19m. But this is the screw that was in the door of two of my trucks to hold the arm rest support on. It is a #8 (4.2mm) x 1/2" (13mm). But if you have a different screw in that position please send me close up pics of it - like this one.

And I put this pic below that:

610939_orig.thumb.jpg.80954596636a7de06092835c1005383c.jpg

There was a lot of variability in what was used. On our page for N610939, which is the screw that holds the arm rest support to the inner door panel, I wrote:

The Standard & Utilities Parts catalog says that an N610939 is a Tap Hex Washer Head 4.2 - 1.41 x 19m. But this is the screw that was in the door of two of my trucks to hold the arm rest support on. It is a #8 (4.2mm) x 1/2" (13mm). But if you have a different screw in that position please send me close up pics of it - like this one.

And I put this pic below that:

Interesting. Both my 86's used the hex head although one had been swapped for a normal trim screw.

Here is the thicker plastic pin:

IMG_20190930_213727.thumb.jpg.511cd8e04538a5ac9e5f72bb5d607519.jpg

Scott - Your pics are now on the page: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/N610939.html. See if you approve, please. And thank you.

As for the metal pin pics, I'm not ready to do that yet. But will when we get the site sorted out.

Looks great.

Sounds good - the pin was to show the difference between the metal and plastic in my search for those smaller clips but will be good to show them both on your fasteners page later. I'll check out Disco and see what sizes they have and may order a couple of them.

Here is the smaller metal pin in the trim:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n39750/IMG_20191001_123744.jpg

That is the wrong "clip" on that (not) metal pin.

That molding retainer is threaded and gets a nut to hold the molding to the body.

There is no way to get that clip off the threaded retainer and why it pulled out of the body when removed.

That type of clip is made for smooth pins like the fender badges and hood letters.

That brings up a question of that type pin retainer.

Do we have a size / PN for the fender badges and hood letters pin retainers as I will be needing some shortly to put them back on.

Thanks

Dave ----