Bullnose Forums

3M Bluetooth Hearing Protectors

kramttocs

The HF posts in the whydtytt thread got me thinking about what I've used a lot while restoring Camano.

The 3M Worktunes are high in the top five.

Beyond being excellent hearing protectors the Bluetooth makes it easy to listen to books on tape while spending hours in front of the blast cabinet.

They also work well on the mower especially with the loud leaf vac running.

IMG_20190926_211303.jpg.296568c7fd0d2d7d05252ef6c844ec68.jpg

Nice. I really like the idea of this headset. I developed an annoying case of tinnitus a couple years ago and now where hearing protection for EVERYTHING. I have a couple ear muffs like these, but without the Bluetooth. I wonder if they would bother me....hmmm.

Oh, a quick Google search shows plenty of them in-stock locally, so I might have to try a set.

Thanks for the heads up.

Nice. I really like the idea of this headset. I developed an annoying case of tinnitus a couple years ago and now where hearing protection for EVERYTHING. I have a couple ear muffs like these, but without the Bluetooth. I wonder if they would bother me....hmmm.

Oh, a quick Google search shows plenty of them in-stock locally, so I might have to try a set.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mine is not Blue Tooth but a radio and I can use a cable from the phone to the head set.

I use them, with out the cable & phone just radio, when cutting the grass.

3 hours bouncing around on the tractor and hearing the 3 blades run you cant hear a thing when you get off.

Only thing I found is they clamp too tight on my head and wearing glasses it starts to hurt after a bit.

After 3 years I did bend them out a little but only cut half the grass so not a real test if that worked yet.

So far in the garage I have not needed anything but could grab the head set if needed.

I also have some of them foam ear plugs handy so I don't have to run to the house for the head set.

I have computer speakers up high I plug my phone into for music.

Dave ----

Thanks for the heads up.

Let us know if you do. These have been comfortable enough that I tend to leave them on long after any loud noises necessitate them.

Let us know if you do. These have been comfortable enough that I tend to leave them on long after any loud noises necessitate them.

I just ordered the 3M's from Amazon. I've been using the little foam pellets as I chisel out rivets, but not while blasting nor mowing. But I know I should have been.

And, I discovered that they have an "INTEGRATED MICROPHONE lets you make and take phone calls without removing the hearing protection". Even better.

This will make it fun. Thanks!

EDIT: I ordered them at ~8:00 AM today and they are to be here tomorrow! :nabble_smiley_oh:

I just ordered the 3M's from Amazon. I've been using the little foam pellets as I chisel out rivets, but not while blasting nor mowing. But I know I should have been.

And, I discovered that they have an "INTEGRATED MICROPHONE lets you make and take phone calls without removing the hearing protection". Even better.

This will make it fun. Thanks!

EDIT: I ordered them at ~8:00 AM today and they are to be here tomorrow! :nabble_smiley_oh:

Let us know what you think about them, Gary.

I was looking at them last night but the negative reviews dissuaded me from buying.

Let us know what you think about them, Gary.

I was looking at them last night but the negative reviews dissuaded me from buying.

I've been using mine heavily for a year now. Battery life is outstanding. Range can be somewhat limited but they easily connect to my phone anywhere in the shop and if I am on the tractor or mower my phone is in my pocket.

I've been using mine heavily for a year now. Battery life is outstanding. Range can be somewhat limited but they easily connect to my phone anywhere in the shop and if I am on the tractor or mower my phone is in my pocket.

I will let y'all know what I think. but my phone is always in my pocket, so if I keep my head on my shoulders the distance problem shouldn't be too bad. :nabble_smiley_wink: