Bullnose Forums

Meet "Baruch"

Ethobling

I wish I had a welder...or even knew how to, for that matter. I'd just weld a piece of steel in front of it onto the leaf.

I briefly considered drilling a hole through the leaves and putting a bolt in there, but that very quickly seemed like a dumb idea (weakening an important part of the suspension and all).

I'll have to ponder this further...

You don't want to weld on a spring, you will ruin the temper. (making it not a spring anymore)

I do believe these were riveted to the leaf, on my 250 at least.

I will be driving through dawn, but when I get to my destination I will post pictures.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping that was what you were going to say, because that is exactly what I did, lol.

The actual mounts have some surface rust, but no big deal (thank God I don't live in the North). I'll find some adhesive or something to use to keep the keeper in place.

Dodged (Forded? That's a word, right?) a bullet. Whew.

Thank you.

Forded is a word, if you were crossing a river... :nabble_smiley_wink:

And it should become a word here in the Garagemahal.

Perhaps meaning doing something exceptional to your Ford.

But in that case, Gary takes ALL the stars. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Come post a thread down in the main section.

This is new members introductions, and doesn't get the traffic or eyes of many of the members.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n39680/SUNP0264.jpg

I installed 4 of these clamps new this past winter. I believe my truck only has 2 originally, and one of them had rusted away and broke. I can't remember with my old ones, but the new ones I got at a spring shop have rubber in them, and they won't move once compressed.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n39680/SUNP0264.jpg

I installed 4 of these clamps new this past winter. I believe my truck only has 2 originally, and one of them had rusted away and broke. I can't remember with my old ones, but the new ones I got at a spring shop have rubber in them, and they won't move once compressed.

I'll see if Advance has one I can buy.

I posted a proper project topic here.

See y'all there!