Bullnose Forums

1985 F250 diesel 4x4 in OR w/41k original miles w/Banks Turbo

They didn't even mention the Gear Vendors unit in it. Definitely a good looking truck.

Oh, I didn't look far enough down the pictures to even notice that.

What's with the EATON switch on the shifter? Is that for the Overdrive or something else?

I assume it's for the gear splitter. I thought the Gear Vendors units used a simple button but maybe this is an older kit or they wanted to use this style of controller.

They didn't even mention the Gear Vendors unit in it. Definitely a good looking truck.

Oh, I didn't look far enough down the pictures to even notice that.

What's with the EATON switch on the shifter? Is that for the Overdrive or something else?

Yes, that’s the gear vendors engage/disengage electric switch. GVOD used to supply a red push pull switch like that, but recently I noticed they show a high beam dimmer foot switch instead. That would drive me nuts, at least with a stick shift. They sell specialty shift knobs with a button on the side, but they are pricey. The push pull switches are affordable and work well enough.

Yes, that’s the gear vendors engage/disengage electric switch. GVOD used to supply a red push pull switch like that, but recently I noticed they show a high beam dimmer foot switch instead. That would drive me nuts, at least with a stick shift. They sell specialty shift knobs with a button on the side, but they are pricey. The push pull switches are affordable and work well enough.

The push / pull on the side of the shifter is what trucks that have a 2sp rear axle use.

The trucka I drove you split each gear so 1st & low in the rear then shift to high in the axle then 2nd intranet & low in the axle thru all 5 tray gears.

It was easy as you use your pinky & ring fingers to pull it up and the side of your hand to push it down.

I hear the new GV units you can't split unless you bypass the speed controller that only uses the GV above 30 MPH.

Daveven ----

I didn't know they switched the manuals to the dimmer switch also. My manual has the orange/red stick mounted one and the auto has the floor dimmer.

I didn't know they switched the manuals to the dimmer switch also. My manual has the orange/red stick mounted one and the auto has the floor dimmer.

Okay, the foot switch must just be an automatic thing then... which makes sense if you don’t have a shifter cane to mount the switch on. I just noticed the change in the product pictures and thought they all came that way... but they probably don’t.

Dave, I think GVOD has always had the lockout to prevent engagement below 25mph. It’s too much force on the clutch. The red push pull switch was convenient to operate with my middle and ring fingers, but it started to rattle horribly. I probably just need a new one.

Well gentlemen, this bad boy F250 auction just cracked $10,000 with 3 full days to go. That's impressive.

The "mint" half tons, in 2 and 4 wheel drive usually top out at $7500 bucks. I'd say between $6500 and $8500, depending on 2 or 4 wheel, condition, etc.

Prior to this F250, and a couple F250's before it, nothing Bullnose was cracking the $10k mark except minty fresh low mile original rust free Broncos.

Curious to see where this one goes. The auction bidding usually seems to top out mid way through, and then there are just a couple small up bids in the last few days.

10k.jpg.c90757c89dc7b35174aef2a2f5d16e50.jpg

Okay, the foot switch must just be an automatic thing then... which makes sense if you don’t have a shifter cane to mount the switch on. I just noticed the change in the product pictures and thought they all came that way... but they probably don’t.

Dave, I think GVOD has always had the lockout to prevent engagement below 25mph. It’s too much force on the clutch. The red push pull switch was convenient to operate with my middle and ring fingers, but it started to rattle horribly. I probably just need a new one.

Ah, I didn't look at the pictures and my electronic units are a couple gens ago.

I've been trying to think of another location/switch option for the auto. The shifter cane is perfect and having one foot switch is perfect. But having two...