Bullnose Forums

My 1984 F150 2wd Flareside Project "Blue Mule"

Rembrant

Happy Easter Weekend folks. My wife gave me the weekend off from kitchen reno work so I could dive into the garage and get back to work on the new bedsides. Right hand front stake pocket and extension panel is now on. Just have to weld the extension panel on the left front stake pocket shortly and then start prepping to weld on the rear stake pockets. Quite a bit more work to do the rears with all of the holes/nuts in them.

Hopefully I can start dry-fitting the bed together by Monday and pick up some new plywood for the floor.

Wow! That looks GREAT! I thought it was a stainless counter top to start with. :nabble_smiley_good:

Wow! That looks GREAT! I thought it was a stainless counter top to start with. :nabble_smiley_good:

I was thinking the same thing when he said about the room redo.

Looking good keep it up.

Dave ----

Thanks Gents!

Front stake pockets and extension panels are finished on both sides now. I spent quite a bit of time working on the left rear to get everything fitted and ready to weld. I have to drill some plug weld holes in the am, but within an hour or so the whole left side panel will be complete.

Fitting the left rear extension panel to the new rear sill. The extension panels have a little notch cut out at the top and bottom so that it doesn't interfere with the rear sill. It's all going great so far. I'm measuring everything like crazy because I don't want to find a mistake after it's all welded together...lol.

IMG_7333.jpg.2cc479a4d86c1d2e34ce4d2398a2a7c0.jpg

Snapped this pic just to show how the tail light brackets will mount. From the factory there are little flat and wide hex nuts spot welded to the rear stakes. I made little 1/4" plates 1" x 1" and then welded them in place inside the stake pocket. Going to drill and tap them before I weld the pocket on in the morning.

IMG_7335.jpg.cb2117572564d8cd82b2c74f7cef10f0.jpg

By mid-morning tomorrow I'll be 3/4 finished the new bedsides. If all goes well I will have them completed by the end of the day and can start test fitting/assembling on Sunday.

Thanks Gents!

Front stake pockets and extension panels are finished on both sides now. I spent quite a bit of time working on the left rear to get everything fitted and ready to weld. I have to drill some plug weld holes in the am, but within an hour or so the whole left side panel will be complete.

Fitting the left rear extension panel to the new rear sill. The extension panels have a little notch cut out at the top and bottom so that it doesn't interfere with the rear sill. It's all going great so far. I'm measuring everything like crazy because I don't want to find a mistake after it's all welded together...lol.

Snapped this pic just to show how the tail light brackets will mount. From the factory there are little flat and wide hex nuts spot welded to the rear stakes. I made little 1/4" plates 1" x 1" and then welded them in place inside the stake pocket. Going to drill and tap them before I weld the pocket on in the morning.

By mid-morning tomorrow I'll be 3/4 finished the new bedsides. If all goes well I will have them completed by the end of the day and can start test fitting/assembling on Sunday.

Wow! Took the night off to watch a movie and you are almost done! You are truckin'! :nabble_anim_claps:

Wow! Took the night off to watch a movie and you are almost done! You are truckin'! :nabble_anim_claps:

Boy has the novelty of building my own bedsides ever worn off...lol. Oh well...150 or so plug welds later, they are now built. I still need to drill some more holes and then spend a couple hours with flap disks smoothing out my welds. I am far from finished, but it feels good to finally be THIS far!

IMG_7352.jpg.e7b70bd9a570faa54a28b4843bc42429.jpg

IMG_7345.jpg.d911b413d681ac465e7316cedea27b34.jpg

IMG_7343.jpg.88337785f8a39d055fdd124173f50177.jpg

Boy has the novelty of building my own bedsides ever worn off...lol. Oh well...150 or so plug welds later, they are now built. I still need to drill some more holes and then spend a couple hours with flap disks smoothing out my welds. I am far from finished, but it feels good to finally be THIS far!

Man do they look good ...... no make that GREAT!

Job well done :nabble_anim_claps:

After you are done working them it would be nice to dip them to get any rust that is on them off then dip to coat them so they will not rust again in our life time.

Dave ----

Wow! Such a beautiful job! :nabble_anim_claps: